Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Getting sentimental in my old age

Lately I have been thinking a lot about the gifts I have given people and received from people for birthdays/holidays/etc and been feeling kind of bad. Many of them, both given and received, have been "consumable" items such as gift certificates, straight cash, or bottles of wine/liquor or other stuff like electronic crap that will be obsolete in 2 years.

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the family and friends I have and the gifts they give me, but I would rather get (and give) things that are lasting, rather than stuff that will be consumed/used or thrown away before too long. I think a lot of this is triggered by the fact that my parents will be 60 within the next year, and they aren't going to be around forever. I want meaningful things to remember them by, and I want to start giving them and others close to me meaningful things too. Anyone else feel like this, or do I need to clean the sand out of my vagina? Also, what kind of things would you guys suggest as gifts for the purpose I have in mind that aren't terribly expensive?