Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 06:29 AM

Default Re: Girl cheats, guy pwns her

i cant believe everyone is saying this is a good post. Who gives a [censored]?
Old 12-08-2005, 06:43 AM

The best part is when he lies and tells her that when he meets the guy who finger-busted her that theyll just have drinks and laugh about it. Brad and Liz both seem like giant losers.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We were talking about this in the office a couple weeks ago. One or two of the guys maintained that the guy should be far more embarrassed than the girl. They said that he was obviously more upset and hurt by the breakup than she was and now everyone knew it, and they even pointed to the sunglasses line as evidence that the girl wasn't hurt and just wanted her sunglasses back.

I said they were crazy, especially because it sounds like the girl was completely in the wrong to begin with, and this letter is total annhilation of her psyche.

There's no way I'm wrong, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with your friends completely, and it seems very obvious.

I guess he didnt have any of naked pictures of her to publish on the interenet so he was stuck emailing his letter to all his friends.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:52 AM

I think the humor here is really in the disparate tone between the two emails. I'm quite sure this is real and not a hoax. The girl's email reads very honest and almost stream-of-consciouness as she says the same thing about six different times and then goes off tangent to the sunglasses before returning to the teary sentiment.

Brad then responds with ice cold vengeance and searing insults, lacking a shred of any emotion other than anger, as if he's not going to engage in the kind of romantic sap direction Liz was going in.

I do think Brad went a little far, and the fat thighs thing was a bit too spiteful (I mean, he's the one who was banging her, so he's admitting to his friends that he'll settle for dating a fattie), but his pwnage of her is evident in his steadfast refusal to even approach her in the same terms on the same level. She wants to patch things up or at least be civil and friendly, whereas he immediately wants to humiliate her forever -- a man scorned.

Emotional disparaty presented in immediate juxtaposition = instant comedy.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
By the way, what the hell is the B&T?

[/ QUOTE ]

it stands for "bridge & tunnel" and it's used as a derisive description of cheesy Jersey and Long Island people ,who attend public schooling that invade NYC bars and clubs every weekend without their own driver .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 12-08-2005, 09:44 AM

Im surprised you thought her letter seemed honest. I thought just the opposite. A honest letter wouldnt have asked him to find her glasses. OMFG, it is obvious that this chick has about one ounce of respect for Brad.

I think this line:

"and I hate feeling like all of your friends think I am a terrible person, because I am not."

is probably the main reason she wrote this letter.

I can picture Brad holding a Martini at a party and his friend asking him "So, have you dated anyone since Liz dumped you?"

And him screaming "Hey [censored], I DUMPED HER!!!!!!!!!"
Old 12-08-2005, 09:47 AM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
Not returning phone calls != blowing some guy in the bathroom. I feel like people have been attempting to relate incredibly unrelated events to prove a point lately. If the initial story is true, more power to the guy for getting the last laugh in.

[/ QUOTE ]
hi, i don't think i implied it was (i didn't even go into any detail of the story, just the fact that it happened). i wasn't comparing the events that lead up to the "funny hurtful public messages".. i was simply referring to the action itself, of writing the hurtful message and sending it to everyone for high-fives, as a way to get back at someone. which was the exact same thing.

i wasn't trying to prove a point, it just reminded me of that story and i was just saying i thought it was believable, because people do things like this.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I could be wrong but, it's pretty hard to respect some B&T chick who comes out to spend the night at my place even though she's seeing someone else in New jersey

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy sh*t! I've seen this a bunch of times (it's pretty old, I think), and I never noticed this before. I am a little less sympathetic for Brad now.

But this whole thing is very funny.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:31 AM

There was lots of pwnage, but teh bf did none of it.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:13 AM

I think the pwnage factor comes down to one thing:
Did she get her sunglasses back? And was that actually the primary reason for her writing this? If so, then it's pure genius on her part. I have a hard team believing she is that clever though. It's probably more plausible that a B&T blonde NJ chick simply cannot make transitions very well in writing.