Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Tried to C/R, ended up calling two cold.

I just sat down, first hand, nothing on either villian.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, Button calls.

River: (10.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 11.20 BB

I don't raise here PF without a read. Even against a lot of LAG buttons it's best to just call, keep the pot small and play poker. Taking the initiative here with a three-bet only works well against thinking opponents and the rather rare weak-tighty. Anyone else think this way?

I guess the flop is the interesting part. Betting out vs. the c/r. Against unknowns, it doesn't seem clear to me.

Given the action, I didn't feel bad calling. A donk-bet and initial PF raiser raise with position didn't scare me that badly. Who folds this, and who raises (and why raise?).

The turn seems good, if I donk and get raised, I'm usually beaten unless I'm against a total lagtard. But people are paying off the CR with weaker hands pretty frequently.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:13 AM

Default Re: Tried to C/R, ended up calling two cold.

3-bet the flop, you're probably still ahead.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:17 AM

Default Re: Tried to C/R, ended up calling two cold.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't raise here PF without a read. Even against a lot of LAG buttons it's best to just call, keep the pot small and play poker. Taking the initiative here with a three-bet only works well against thinking opponents and the rather rare weak-tighty. Anyone else think this way?

[/ QUOTE ]

i would be alot more inclined to 3bet without the utg limper. with him in there its not really a steal raise, so I think 3betting is bad unless the button is a donk and utg might fold for 2 cold (so yeah pretty much never). I think I would rather 3bet or fold on the flop, probably 3bet. Im not a big fan of the cold call.