Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 05:58 AM

Default W$SD with Highcard

was going through my PT database last night as I do every now and then. I Checked out the misc Stats Tab and clicked the "Show only where hands were not folded" box. I then noticed that my W$SD for High Card was a measly 21,18%. To be honest I donīt know what a good number should be on this stat, But it looks really low for me... Am I calling down too often with High cards?
since I think that this number should be correlated to Folded to river bet% i am including that one too
folding to river bet%=37%
Old 09-30-2005, 06:16 AM

Default Re: W$SD with Highcard

I'm curious about this myself. My fold to river bet is the same as yours, but my win percentage with a non-folded high card is at 16%. It looks like only 2/5 of of these hands made it to showdown though, which is odd, since the only way I can explain that happening is if I take the pot down with high cards before the river. In which case the win percentage should be very high, even if I never win an actual showdown with a high card, but this isn't the case.

EDIT: duh, I'm only winning 16% of showdowns, and obviously I don't go to showdown with a high card nearly as often as I win a pot uncontested.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:11 AM

Default *Cough* n/m

*Cough*
Old 09-30-2005, 12:01 PM

Once you reach the river, you don't need to win a showdown a large % of the time to be calling profitably. How much depends on the potsize ofcourse, but I'm guessing 21% ain't that bad. Also you will probably be losing more showdowns where it's checked through than your winning.

FWIW my number is 16, so either you are running good or my river play sucks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2005, 02:45 PM

So is it safe to assume that if you are around 20% you are doing ok?
Old 09-30-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So is it safe to assume that if you are around 20% you are doing ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are running hot. I doubt it's sustainable and you might be missing profitable calling situations.

Krishan
Old 09-30-2005, 03:58 PM

As I said i have no idea on how high this number should be. How high are yours and what should it be?