Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 05:03 AM

Default Shorthanded WTSD% and Standard Deviation

What is the correlation between these two stats? I keep trying to bring my WTSD% below 40%, but I'm always at that range. As well, my standard deviation has always been a little over 20BB/100. Both of these stats seem to fall just outside the upper range of what is considered part of a winning style, yet I've managed to be a decent winner over a very large sample. Everything else seems normal statwise:

VPIP: 27%, PFR: 20%, AF: 2.75, W$SD: 47%, W$WSF: 46% - I'm averaging 1.8BB per hand on non-folded high card showdowns, and my river fold is at 38%.

So even though I'm going to showdown often, it's not with poor high card calldowns or a failure to fold clear losers. What gives? And why is my Std. Dev. so fing high? I've had a few 150BB swings, but mostly my earnings haven't seemed that streaky.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:27 AM

Default Re: Shorthanded WTSD% and Standard Deviation

What limit?
Old 09-30-2005, 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What limit?

[/ QUOTE ]

I mostly play Party 5/10 and 10/20 6-max. But that shouldn't matter too much for my question. I guess I'm asking what the theoretical connection is between went to showdown and standard devation.. i.e., if you go to showdown too often, how does that directly effect standard deviation?
Old 09-30-2005, 06:59 AM

I would think there's a positive correlation, i mean taking more bets/hands should equate to higher variance. Not that I have a r^2 to give you or anything.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:05 AM

It might matter a little bit, because aggressive opponents call for different, more variance assuming lines.