Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 10:54 AM

Default Easy value bet?

Villain is LP.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
Old 12-09-2005, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Easy value bet?

Definitely. Sometimes you bet their hand for them, but most of the time they're paying you off with a weaker king, 9, or PP.

Edit: This is regarding the river, once you get there. Not so sure about the turn.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:00 AM

I was coaching on this hand and told and him to take the bet bet check line, someone having another King worse kicker gets unlikely, Villan is Passive. With 4 to the flop, RAISED... I think we see a weak Ace way to often to make the river bet -EV...
grunch me as well...
Old 12-09-2005, 12:29 PM

I definitely bet that river.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:38 PM

Passive opponents like to call down with ANY pair. A weaker king is almost as likely as a weak ace. There's not enough info to know what they raise and don't raise. They could also be on a draw or calling down with a PP. What we do know is that we have showdown value and there's little chance of us getting raised, so I think it's better we put the bets in to fold would-be two pairs on the river, or maybe give a fish a chance to make an expert fold of a weak ace.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:52 PM

I think it's thin, but I usually bet this river as well.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:56 PM

I think this is an easy value bet that isn't even close to thin. You've got a loose passive in the big blind with a large range of hands who will call with any pair. He could EASILY have a 9 or a worse king. Also sometimes even LPs come alive with an ace at some point. I would guess that you are good about 70 - 75% of the time when called. These are the spots where you make money against these loose passives. A lot of players get annoyed when these players just call you down with ace high when you're betting KQ unimproved or something. These are the spots where you can get revenge!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was coaching on this hand and told

[/ QUOTE ]

scariest thing i have read...
Old 12-09-2005, 07:52 PM

posting blind: yes

edit-damn im good