Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Is a PT required for multitabling

Over the past month or so, I have been multitabling at $0.50/$1 without the benefit of a pokertracker and have come to the conclusion that it is very difficult to be effective multitabling without one.

Quite simply, it is extremely difficult to read 18 players at 2 tables without a tool to give you a good snapshot of their play.

Thoughts?
Old 12-06-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Is a PT required for multitabling

Well, I think two tables are doable without PT, but that's just my opinion. Your experience may very well be different. When you get to 3+ tables, I think you need PT and a HUD to keep track of what's going on.

Personally, I rarely play more than two at a time.

Regards,

T
Old 12-06-2005, 04:37 PM

You may be able to keep track of villains over an individual session or two, but wouldn't it be nice to have the stats of the guy you played 300 hands with a week or a month ago? Buy PT and PA HUD. You can Datamine 10 tables at a time on Party (allowed by Party) while you aren't playing.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:58 PM

Sometimes my PAHUD crashes when I am 8 tabling 6-max, but I still manage to get some reads. It just takes practice. Having no overlap helps out a lot too.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:02 PM

Well, I have a few reasons why I haven't done so - in part it was a choice because I was finding that I was relying on it too much and I felt like I needed to develop a more instinctive approach - but the other side is that I currently have a Mac but may soon be switching back to a PC so I wanted to wait and see before I bought the Mac tracker.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes my PAHUD crashes when I am 8 tabling 6-max, but I still manage to get some reads. It just takes practice. Having no overlap helps out a lot too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had 10 6-max tables up without crashing. Have you emailed Josh??? ----Sorry about the hi-jack Hank.