Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 11:20 PM

Default Did I play this hand terribly ?

FullTiltPoker Game #273246640: Table Rainbow (6 max) - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:01:11 ET - 2005/10/31
Seat 1: Hundrooli ($22)
Seat 2: Sakuraba39 ($69.60)
Seat 3: Dafy69 ($30.60)
Seat 4: cpodles ($3.95)
Seat 5: repoker39 ($19.50)
Seat 6: TeddyRumpskins ($47.55)
Sakuraba39 posts the small blind of $0.25
Dafy69 posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Sakuraba39 A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

repoker39 calls $0.50
TeddyRumpskins raises to $1.25
Hundrooli calls $1.25
Sakuraba39 calls $1

repoker39 calls $0.75
*** FLOP *** 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Sakuraba39 bets $3
repoker39 folds
TeddyRumpskins calls $3
Hundrooli raises to $7
Sakuraba39 calls $4
TeddyRumpskins calls $4
*** TURN *** 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Sakuraba39 checks
TeddyRumpskins bets $5
Hundrooli raises to $10
Sakuraba39 raises to $15
TeddyRumpskins calls $10
Hundrooli calls $3.75, and is all in
*** RIVER *** [9c Th 7h 6d] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Sakuraba39 checks
TeddyRumpskins bets $24.30, and is all in
Sakuraba39 calls $24.30
*** SHOW DOWN ***
TeddyRumpskins shows 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a full house, Sixes full of Sevens)
Sakuraba39 mucks
TeddyRumpskins wins the side pot ($51.10) with a full house, Sixes full of Sevens
Hundrooli mucks
TeddyRumpskins wins the main pot ($64.75) with a full house, Sixes full of Sevens
Hundrooli is sitting out
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $118.85 Main pot $67.75. Side pot $51.10.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:42 PM

Default Re: Did I play this hand terribly ?

Yes.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:54 PM

Immediately drop to 25NL full.

First, dont lead the flop. Second, never minraise and, GOD DONT EVER MIN 3-BET!!!!!!!!!!
Push the turn and charge sets/flush draws/idiots money to see the river. You made your hand, a 1 card straight and you are trying to keep people in the pot when its huge? Bad move.

PUSH TURN.

I cant give you river advice because all your money should already be in the pot. Tough beat though. I doubt it was avoidable, especially since you gave him great odds to suck out.

Edit: In future hands please do not post results until after we discuss the hand. In this case it doesnt really skew the analysis, but if you didnt include the results and won I would still have the same advice for you.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:45 PM

I understand everything except the "dont lead the flop" part. I thought it was fine to lead with an oesd and an overcard?
Another thing, you say to drop down to nl25. But from what you said my only mistakes were the min raise and not pushing turn. Is there anything else? Should i have not been in the hand at all after the flop or Pf?
Old 11-02-2005, 02:52 PM

Playing A8s oop into a raised pot is not a very good idea if you are not that great at post flop play.

Why would you ever min three bet?? Seriously. The other players have made it clear that they like their hands. Bet god damnit!!
Old 11-02-2005, 03:02 PM

I don't typically lead that hand on that flop...first you aren't folding anyone with a similar hand. You also don't have a "clean" OESD as 1/4 of your outs are flush cards that are losers for you potentially so you can't count them as clean. So you are leading into a multiway pot with 6 outs for what is likely a split pot...not good.

Once you hit your dream card on the turn how in the name of all that which is holy can you not get all the money in. There is a flush draw on the board, and judging from the action you have to think you all don't have the 8....you are probably ahead of someone drawing...CHARGE THEM THE MAX as they aren't folding at this point anyway.

To sum up, you bet the flop which was arguably a decent mistake. Then you didn't bet as much as you could have on the turn when you hit one of your 6 outs, which was a huge mistake. Then you compounded this by calling an all in on the river with the worst hand...so basically you did a bang up job of getting in money while you were behind, and not getting in money while you were ahead.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:12 PM

On the flop, given that its 4-way, I like c/c better than leading.

On the turn, get more money in. The check follwed by weak minraiase is bad, it doesn't charge strong hands (like a set) or other draws enough. Put in some real bets here.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:41 PM

ok so as played, do you call the river? If no, what about without the paired board, im sure youd call then.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:12 PM

as played you almost have to call because of the size of the pot and the likelihood that he could be bluffing a scare card when the pot is going to be split, so yeah, I probably reluctantly call here and throw up when I see the FH. The mistake that was made on this hand was the min-raise of a minraise. Once you see this you should just come over the top for all your chips....he'll likely call, and you'd still lose, but at least you will be winning sklansky bucks under that method, instead of losing them under the one as played.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:27 PM

What about pf? Should i have just folded for the dollar bet?
Thanks for your advice without being a smartass or trying to make me feel bad.