Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 09:42 PM

Default standard? 2pair on montone board

hero has been laggin it up big time, i dont want to hear fold preflop. villain is pretty normal .25-.5 player. not too much of a read on him

stiboune is at seat 0 with $7.80.
Steeler1 is at seat 1 with $35.35.
skroddless is at seat 2 with $36.60.
castells is at seat 3 with $49.45.
kevinkoh is at seat 4 with $30.65.
LTH1967 is at seat 5 with $28.20.
The button is at seat 3.

kevinkoh posts the small blind of $.25.
LTH1967 posts the big blind of $.50.

stiboune: -- --
Steeler1: -- --
skroddless: -- --
castells: Ah 9c
kevinkoh: -- --
LTH1967: -- --

Pre-flop:

stiboune folds. Steeler1 folds. skroddless calls.
castells raises to $2. kevinkoh folds. LTH1967
folds. skroddless calls.

Flop (board: 4s 9s As):

skroddless checks. castells bets $3. skroddless
raises to $6. castells goes all-in for $47.45.
skroddless goes all-in for $34.60. castells is
returned $12.85 (uncalled).

Turn (board: 4s 9s As 2h):

(no action in this round)

River (board: 4s 9s As 2h Tc):

(no action in this round)

is this standard at this level? or do you really think about laying this to his flop minraise? hard to put the third bet in on flop and then fold to an allin with stack sizes, should i jus call this flop and pray for no spade?

info please
Old 11-15-2005, 10:26 PM

Default Re: standard? 2pair on montone board

Big problem with all-in here. I don't believe it is typical to call an all-in bet of this size without a flush. I think the check-raise indicates strength. At this level, it is rarely a bluff. I guess Ks with an A, giving him TPTK with a nut flush draw is possible, but a made flush is most likely.

I figure I'd probably call the $3 re-raise, thinking I'm gonna stack a flush if I catch my full house. The implied odds are just enough for that. I'd probably just call down bets of up to $4 on turn and river. That flop check-raise scares me.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:37 PM

so you really just call this minraise on flop on such a vulnerable board when a very probable hand from him is a pair and a weakish draw. and by the way he NEVER has AK here, he limp-called.

thanks for response tho
Old 11-15-2005, 10:52 PM

I think if he had a pair of Aces with a weakish spade kicker, he'd have bet it. The board would be looking vulnerable to him too and I wouldn't want somebody with a high spade getting a free card.

I agree A Ks would be a standard raise, but I see plenty of players at this level who only raise big pairs pre-flop. Without a read, it's hard to tell. I'd repeat that after being check-raised, a made flush is the most likely holding here.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:02 AM

Castells

Once he min. raises, hes not folding. At theses blinds people don't fold hands. If he has any spade hes calling and if he has trips or even a piar of aces, hes calling. With that said, i would call the extra 3. And bet 1.5 pot on turn if no spade falls. If he moves in you now call. if a spade hits the river, i would try to check it down. fold to any bet.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:55 PM

donk!

i just call the flop.. 3 betting this flop is okay, but i think pushing is bad.

i make it ~$20 on the flop, fold to a push.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:15 PM

anyways, he shows me 52s and takes it down.
this hand sucks. i just think that gettin it allin on flop is best b/c like polo said he could easily have a spade or just an A. i still get stacked on turn if he does have the flush and wait for a non spade.

thnks tho
Old 11-16-2005, 04:42 PM

I think the thing you're missing here is that you're either slightly ahead or way behind in this situation. I call the miniraise and pray for an A or 9. I'm not going broke here without a hell of a good read. Often he has the flush or a set. And when he doesn't have that he'll have something like A-10 with a spade in which case he has something like 11 outs. It's just not worth going broke in such a marginal situation. If you had a set we might be able to talk about it, but not just two pair facing a c/miniraise.

And furthermore, the vast majority of time that you go all-in and are called, you are beat. So I don't see much reason to push all-in here.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And furthermore, the vast majority of time that you go all-in and are called, you are beat. So I don't see much reason to push all-in here.

[/ QUOTE ]

my point exactly.. which is why a raise to at least $20 is the best play on the flop, imo. gives you a chance to get away if he pushes, or leads the turn with a push. not saying i'd get away from this hand, but i'm sure you already knew that, cass.

when we gettin a game together????
Old 11-16-2005, 04:55 PM

we should play soon bradley.
i guess the push was bad but if you make it 20 he only has like 15 more or so if he pushes. then im priced in to call looking to fill up (didnt do the math but prob am).

i guess i just call this and hope to fill up like mike said. cept on turn it will be even harder to get away from if its a non spade.

i guess the fact that i was raising like 40% of the pots pf and leading almost every pot i raised doesnt affect my decision here.