Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2004, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Results for 435 $109 SnG\'s

I don't think I have enough data to make statistically significant separations. I do tend to have worse results on days I play more, but this is probably due to the fact that I often shorten my lucky days.

Craig
Old 06-03-2004, 07:50 PM

I posted once on the games being tougher just after new year (people's poker new years resolutions?)
I don't think anyone else agreed with me at the time, glad to see that I wasn't completely off my rocker tho..

Tim

p.s: Get MS Excel and learn how to use pivot tables - it is truly awesome, you will pay for it in time saved very quickly. (assuming you do more than a few simple graphs once a year [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
Old 06-04-2004, 01:46 AM

Also the WPT new season started sometime closer to lat january.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:16 AM

Default This past month tough?

[ QUOTE ]
Mostly game selection: these occurred around jan 1, where the games were a bit tougher.

Craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of which, did anyone else find the month of April to be tougher than the last several months?

eastbay
Old 06-04-2004, 03:56 AM

Default Re: This past month tough?

My worst ever has been April-May

stoneii
Old 06-04-2004, 04:10 AM

Hi Bozeman

Thanks for posting this - it gives us newbies something to shoot for.

Do you want to reveal how much of a starting bankroll you took into this effort? I notice that thankfully, you didn't experience a drawdown right out of the gate.

Also, were these games played at Party? I have been trying the low buy-in ( $10 and $20) SNG single tables at Party, but I find it way way different than Stars, due to the short stack we start out with, and the faster blind increases. I heard that at Party, the higher limit SNG games provide each player with 1000 to start. I find my variation is way higher due to these short starting stacks.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:28 AM

Also, could you tell us at what level you started and what your criteria was for moving up or down?

Cool post.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:21 PM

I started, several years ago, at UB at $5 (with a buyin of $100), quickly moved to $10, found that Paradise games were much easier, moved up through 20 and 30 to fifty (I didnt stay at 30 long because I found the players at 50 easier to read). I moved up when I felt I was the best player at a typical table, and that I wasn't a weak player at the next level. I also played a fair number of MTT's (including live).

At this point I spent most of my bankroll on a trip. (I had found Party by this time, but I felt Paradise was better because of 1000 vs 800 chips and about one extra level). After the trip, my bankroll was under $500, so I played $30's to get it to ~$600 and then moved back up to 50. When Party changed their 50+'s to 1000 chips, I moved over there (at this point MTT variance was getting to me, so I started playing more SnG's). A short time at the 50's and a look at the play at the 100's convinced me to try them (coupled with the nice run I had at the start). I don't remember what my bankroll was at that time, but it was around $5k.

YMMV,
Craig