Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 05:13 PM

Default F\'n Braves Bullpen! (nc)

Just a rant here. Why the F' does Ted Turner pump all that f'n dough in the that team, but he can't trade for a f'n closer? Any books offer 1st 8 inning lines? Unreal 'pen implosions this year all around. F'n Eckstein too! I'm done with baseball. Thank god for NFL.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: F\'n Braves Bullpen! (nc)

Because Ted Turner doesn't own the Braves any longer?
Old 08-07-2005, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just a rant here. Why the F' does Ted Turner pump all that f'n dough in the that team, but he can't trade for a f'n closer? Any books offer 1st 8 inning lines? Unreal 'pen implosions this year all around. F'n Eckstein too! I'm done with baseball. Thank god for NFL.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? Why do you think they went and got Dan Kolb, the guy had 43 saves last year. It's not the orginizations fault he turned into a worthless, nonstrike throwing, basehit giving, game losing, sack of crap. With all the injuries they've had, I think the front office has done a decent job. (just like the last 14 years)
Old 08-07-2005, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you think they went and got Dan Kolb, the guy had 43 saves last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and a career 5.62 k/9, 1.17 k/bb ratio...
Old 08-07-2005, 09:50 PM

RamGad I had them too. [censored] Reitsma. Why the hell didn't they take him out after he gave up 3 straight singles?

And Beerfund, Kolb sucked last year too, too bad the Braves didn't realize it. 3.3 K/9 in 2004, not exactly a closer-worthy stat.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:12 PM

I don't see how anyone could say this team is just doing "descent" with all the injuries they have had. Chipper has missed a large part of the year, Giles is no longer useful after last years nightmare, Furcal can do nothing except steal bases, Marquis can't stay healthy and Hudson has in large part been an average pitcher at best. Then, as you guys mention, the bullpen. Oh, and they get absolutely no fan support.
Have you guys looked at their lineup? It's no-name city. Yet, with all of this, they have managed to dominate their division...putting up the 2nd best record in the National League. These guys are incredible...this organization is incredible. No one can overstate how amazing this club as been over the last 10 years.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how anyone could say this team is just doing "descent" with all the injuries they have had. Chipper has missed a large part of the year, Giles is no longer useful after last years nightmare, Furcal can do nothing except steal bases, Marquis can't stay healthy and Hudson has in large part been an average pitcher at best. Then, as you guys mention, the bullpen. Oh, and they get absolutely no fan support.
Have you guys looked at their lineup? It's no-name city. Yet, with all of this, they have managed to dominate their division...putting up the 2nd best record in the National League. These guys are incredible...this organization is incredible. No one can overstate how amazing this club as been over the last 10 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said the front office was decent, the reason the braves have won 13 straight division titles and have the second best record in the NL is because of two old guys named bobby cox and leo mazzone.