Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 06:02 PM

Default A-Q under the gun

I was in the early stages of a $100 sit n go(no limit hold em) table and the blinds were 15-30. I limped in with A-Q hearts under the gun 9 handed and the player to my left raised to 350. i never played with him before but noticed he was making a lot of raises but had never been called down except for kings that he limped in with from early position, this was by far the biggest raise he had made. the whole table folded and after thinking about it for a while i called. the flop came 2-10-j
with the 10 and jack being hearts. after much thinking i pushed all in $1010 as a semi bluff assuming he caught no piece of the board . i didnt put him on a pocket pair because the raise was so big in relation to his other ones. he called and showed a-j off suit and the turn and river were both blanks and i was eliminated. what was the correct play ?
Old 07-13-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Re: A-Q under the gun

It's really not all that much of semi-bluff, considering you are ahead of the hand he ended up having, and other hands like kk. In any case, your limp is good, but I really dislike the call of the raise out of position. You're putting in alot of your stack with not that great a hand that is very hard to play against someone whos sounds like a total donk. You had to push the flop in my opinion, I just don't think I would've gotten there. Use hand histories next time, it's easier to follow.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:55 PM

Default Re: A-Q under the gun

If I am just limping here I def don't call a preflop that huge.