Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 08:47 AM

Default Re: Prevelance of Collusion on PP

Do the detection methods also apply to PP Skins?
Old 05-17-2005, 11:48 AM

I caught 2 fools colluding on Party .50/1 limit of all things last week. They were sitting on opposite sides of the table and just kept betting and raising when someone else was in the hand. The other people kept folding like idiots.

I started commenting about it and about 5 minites later one of the guys leaves. 10 minutes later the other guy leaves. I check them on my buddy list and I'll be damned if they weren't at the same table again. lol

I wrote to Empire (I was playing Empire at the time) and told them about it and got a reply that they would check into it and get back to me. Haven't heard anything since though. Haven't seen the 2 fools online again either.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:36 PM

If someone would ease my mind I would apprecitate it.

wish i could.

there is a substantial population that would bust a hole in the wall at your place to make it easier if it were them.

cheats are cheats, and they are in the very games you play. switch to MTT's, a B&M or give it up if you want true comfort.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

wish i could.

there is a substantial population that would bust a hole in the wall at your place to make it easier if it were them.

cheats are cheats, and they are in the very games you play. switch to MTT's, a B&M or give it up if you want true comfort.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are entirely too many people playing multiples accounts in some MTTs.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

wish i could.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh
Old 05-17-2005, 03:09 PM

I was at a 5-10 6max table at Empire and noticed something fishy. There was a long time regular at the table who had a very specific catch phrase he would say. He was completely silent for about half an hour. I thought this was weird. When out of nowhere, another person at the table yells out the other guy's catch phrase!

I checked the home towns of the people I suspected. They were both small towns I had never heard of. Had trouble finding the towns with the simple "city of x" on google, so I searched harder and it turns out they are two neighborhoods in the same city! I posted this on the HUSH forum and got berated hard like I figured I would. People basically called me a paranoid moron. I contacted Party and they didn't do anything of course. Kind of frustrating to get berated and ignored so I haven't done anything else about it. Two exact pharses spoken by people from the same city who were pulling suspect plays seems like it's beyond reasonable doubt to me. Oh well. What else can you do?
Old 05-17-2005, 04:19 PM

Um. Couldn't he have been mocking him?
Old 05-17-2005, 04:37 PM

I contacted Party and they didn't do anything of course.

did you sent to alerts@partypoker.com ?

i sent an email to them about something i thought was suspect in a recent step 4. it also involved 2 players from same city.

8 hours later i had the most detailed response i have ever seen. this response rivaled some of the 2 pagers that stars gives.

it covered my concerns, raised issues of their concerns and assured me on every front.

it seems that within the last month, party has gotten their shiit together on things like this. but it *has* to be sent to alerts@partypoker.com and you have to explain your concern.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

wish i could.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So is it possible for a person playing on two accounts from the same computer or the same IP address to sit at the same table in a MTT?