Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 03:12 PM

Default 99 Full house-- slowplayed too much??

This is from the Crypto site, so here's a ghetto version:

Hold'em FL ($1/$2)
Hero is SB with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Preflop:
UTG raises, all fold to Hero, Hero calls, BB folds. (5 SB)
Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero Checks, UTG Checks
Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero Checks, UTG Bets, Hero Calls. (4.5BB)
River: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero Bets, UTG Raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG 4-bets, Hero Calls
Final Pot: 12BB

-When UTG was raising and re-raising, I knew he had an ace, but I wasn't sure if his kicker had hit. Otherwise, I would have kept reraising. I could have kept reraising in the FL game until I was all in.
-I have no read on him either.
-I thought since I was alone with one opponent, slowplaying was the best strategy to get more into the pot.

Anyone play it differently?
Old 12-03-2005, 03:51 PM

Default Re: 99 Full house-- slowplayed too much??

Bet the damn flop, if he's got JJ-KK he's only going to do the betting for you once, if he has an Ace he'll raise you and then you can get cute and wait until the turn.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:01 PM

How many players at the table. I may 3bet preflop. Bet the flop, bet the turn. Once he checks that flop behind, and given that river action, he has either AA, AK, or A9. I go a couple more bets on the river.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the damn flop, if he's got JJ-KK he's only going to do the betting for you once, if he has an Ace he'll raise you and then you can get cute and wait until the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice transcription of the hand since you don't have a converter btw.

Steve
Old 12-03-2005, 04:22 PM

Thanks for your advice everyone. The table is 10-handed MrWookie.

I probably could have gotten a hella lot more from him if I had bet the flop. I will do so for now on.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:02 PM

It's just a bet or two in a relatively rare situation. Might as well just bet, and worry about the other decisions.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:06 PM

On this flop vs UTG raise, I have to think good A or high pocket pair. I would lead flop, if raised I smooth-call, then c/r turn, lead river. I wouldn't worry too much about A's full on this board as he would have to have an unlikely A4, A8, or A9. I say this is a great place to get in as many bets as possible. If he has a high pocket pair he may call to river, which is fine too.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:01 PM

Theres a crypto converter at http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker

As to the hand, bet the flop!! Middle set is too easily outdrawn to slowplay, even on a relatively safe looking board!
Old 12-03-2005, 09:58 PM

grunch

If he's got an ace, he'd call you betting out on the flop. If you check raise him, you may push him out of the hand. So I'd bet out and re-raise if he raises. You're ahead of everything but AA.

Turn
BET BET BET, check-raise, whatever! Get money in that pot! You are most certainly ahead here - the only hands that beat you are AA, A4, and A9, and only one of them is likely for him to raise UTG with, and A9 is highly unlikely for him to have.

River

BET BET BET you are a big favorite in this. If he outdrew you, he outdrew you, oh well. But it's not likely with him raising UTG. Think AK,AQ, AJs, KK, QQ, etc...against AA you're screwed, but that's the game.

[ QUOTE ]
When UTG was raising and re-raising, I knew he had an ace, but I wasn't sure if his kicker had hit. Otherwise, I would have kept reraising. I could have kept reraising in the FL game until I was all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

By not being aggressive in this pot, you gave him the opportunity to hit his kicker, although I doubt he did by the UTG raise.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I check-raise this flop like 100% of the time. I expect Villain to continuation bet >95%.