Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 10-17-2005, 10:54 AM

Default Turning Stone Poker Dealers Good / Bad ?

Just a local forum inquiry on your most and least f
avorite poker dealers at turning stone. Don't hold back! I want all of the good , the bad and the ugly. I prefer names or at least very good desciptions. Thanks !
Old 10-17-2005, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Turning Stone Poker Dealers Good / Bad ?

Hmm... checking up on employees? =)
Old 10-17-2005, 12:48 PM

Fav dealers:
Janelle
Michael
Vu
There are I think 2 or 3 female asian dealers, I dont kmnow their names but they are all good.

There are a bunch I am sure I am missing, For the most part I am quite happy with Dealers at turningstone. They are fast and competant for the most part.

Least Favorite:
Chelsy (sp.)
George
Amanda
Can't think of his name, he is fairly new his name starts with a J and he is a real big guy. Hes nice but he deals way too slow.

Floor
I think the floor could use some work. They usualy get the rulings right, but they need to do a better job of opening games that players want to play. Too many times 5 or 6 players will want to play a 500 nl game, but they refuse to open a shorthanded table even though it is almost certain the table would fill up once the game got going.
That said there is one floor lady who is usually accomodating and will open more tables, I dont know her name but she is a little older and I have seen her work the saterday morning/afternoon shift usually.

Whats your reason for conductiong this survey?

-Falker
Old 10-17-2005, 01:02 PM

I don't know any of their names, but for the most part the dealers are good, from my experience. Though there was one interesting occassion. There were two hot chicks at my table, beginner players, and the dealer was hitting on them the whole time, and it was so obvious. It was actually slowing up the game. Several times we had to let him know the betting was done and it was time to deal the turn or river because he was so busy talking to these chicks. And the girls were not into it, they just wanted to play cards just like the rest of us. It was especially annoying for me since I was in seat 10 and the girls sat at 8 and 9. Plus, everytime they bet or threw in their cards, he would make a comment like "Oh, so cute". It was unbelieveable. Most annoying dealer ever. Other than that, my experience at TS has been good. All the other dealers seem to be very friendly.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:08 PM

I like almost all of the dealers there - don't really have a problem with any of them except for one guy how has short brown hair and a European accent - a young, good-looking guy. Just has an all-around attitude.

There was a young, Asian dealer who is new who didn't know the rulings very well at all when I played a shootout satellite the other night - but he was pretty new too.

I think the female dealers are their best. And Adam is really good too. There's one other, but he's pretty generic looking and hard to explain - but he's top-notch too.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fav dealers:
Janell
Michael
Vu

[/ QUOTE ]

- Adam's the man.
- Albert is also a very good dealer.
- I like Walter, though I know some don't. Either way, though, he deals well.
- Troy is cool because of that 'grandmother's cat' day
- How can you forget Sarah?
- I'm sure I'm forgetting some too.

[ QUOTE ]

There are I think 2 or 3 female asian dealers, I dont kmnow their names but they are all good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hanni (Asian female dealer) has been very rude to me (and you) more than once... I always tip dealers and I've actually forced myself to not tip Hanni for the rest of a down if she gets too far out of line.

[ QUOTE ]

Least Favorite:
Chelsy (sp.)
George
Amanda

[/ QUOTE ]

- Charles is old and deals way too slowly. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but I can't stand the fact that I know I'm getting less than 10 hands in a half-hour down when he sits in the box.
- I don't necessarily share your dislike for Amanda
- Are we thinking of the same George? I like a George, but I'm sure there's more than one.

[ QUOTE ]

Floor
I think the floor could use some work. They usualy get the rulings right, but they need to do a better job of opening games that players want to play. Too many times 5 or 6 players will want to play a 500 nl game, but they refuse to open a shorthanded table even though it is almost certain the table would fill up once the game got going.
That said there is one floor lady who is usually accomodating and will open more tables, I dont know her name but she is a little older and I have seen her work the saterday morning/afternoon shift usually.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read my last thread in B&M about this, Al and Randy gave some good floorperson perspectives on why they would be unaccomodating about opening games etc... but I think the TS floor still sometimes seems to make decisions regarding opening games that make no sense. How are there always so many 1-3 spread tables when there are more then 20 names on 10/20, for example.

I don't know if this falls into the category of 'floor', per se -- I think it's more 'management' -- but a lot of their decisions seem to defy logic. How come there are two NL games with the same blind structure but different caps on the buy-in, for example? How come table 15 is a stud table when they've never spread stud on table 15? Why don't they just scrap 1-3 for 2/4 and teach people how to play proper limit poker?

The thing that bothers me most about the TS poker room, though, is the free-for-all involved with getting a seat. Maybe this is standard -- just having turned 21, I haven't really been anywhere else -- but the location of the board in the front of the room requires you to stand amid a free-for-all right on top of table 2 (or is it 3?) while you're waiting to get your name on the list.

Once you shove your way to the front, you have to force one of the people standing behind the desk to hear you, which is a difficult task when people just keep cutting in from the side and yelling out initials.

Finally, you get to wait... but they don't keep very good tabs on the torch lounge; as a relative 'regular', a lot of the dealers just let me sit down when the floor isn't filling their seats. This is good for me personally, but it's not good for the room.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:26 PM

The best dealer in the room is Kim.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The best dealer in the room is Kim.

[/ QUOTE ]

Floorperson?
Old 10-17-2005, 02:33 PM

I have not played there in the last 3 months, but wanted to say Janelle and Walter are awesome. Most dealers I have had are very good and generally think the poker room is run well at TS. However, there was an Asian male dealer the last time I was there and he was terrible. He can hardly shuffle, deals slow, frequently misreads boards, etc. I have seen him on more than one occassion. Perhaps he is gone by now, if not hopefully someone can come up with a name...
Old 10-17-2005, 02:36 PM

Former floor, now a dealer again, and a very good one. As per the comment about george. I assume it was grave yard george (whom now longer works for us).Swing shift george is a bigger guy, but much quieter, and bigger going.