Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 11-10-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Pokershare

Pokershare update just received. Not much new other than they obviuously aren't shy about being unhappy with UB and the parent network.

I am sorry to have to inform you that as of 1st November 2005, Game Theory Limited, our licensor, has closed the accounts of all North American customers that play on PokerShare.com.

We are in dispute with Game Theory Limited and its parent company Excapsa. We do not accept that the license has been validly terminated and our lawyers are currently reviewing the position.

We would like to thank you for your support so far, we send our sincere apologies for any inconveniences you have suffered and we will keep you informed of all future developments.

Kind regards

PokerShare.com
Old 11-10-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Pokershare

It gets even better..

We would like to thank you for being a member of PokerShare. We are writing to inform you that on November 14th, 2005 at 9 a.m. Eastern time, this cardroom will no longer be available for play.

etc.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely

Robert
pokershareinquiries@ecom-arts.com
Old 11-11-2005, 09:10 AM

Seems the most likely option is that they change networks/Software providers in the near future.

Players and affiliates monies are not at risk and we are confident they will make good on the "shares" that players have earned so far...
Old 11-11-2005, 04:17 PM

I think once everyone is paid people will feel better about the situation. The reality is PokerShare was a good thing, clearly it turned out to be too good a thing. If they could do the same thing elsewhere, people would follow.

I know my people will.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:46 PM

Too good, if it worked it had a shot of passing UB and the next largest cash site.
This biz plan will need itīs own platform to work.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Too good, if it worked it had a shot of passing UB and the next largest cash site.
This biz plan will need itīs own platform to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but the fish don't join sites for profit-sharing and good rakeback deals. They join for the flashy advertisements, where they feel lucky, and the pretty colors. So for its own platform to work, Pokershare needs to advertise a lot.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:56 PM

I am fairly certain that was the plan all along. Actually I don't think you ever really saw 100% of PokerShare. From what I know what everyone saw was maybe 20% of the overall package.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:54 PM

beanie,

Pokershare received an incredible amount of publicity from their unique idea on profit sharing... they now have a big black eye from UB revoking their license and Max (the poker room manager) being virtually silent.

If Pokerhshare hopes to retain the goodwill of their prior customer base, Max will imediately send out a letter to all customers detailing how the "dividend share" will be allocated, on time, to all players.

Anything less, and pokershare is a dead story!!!
Old 11-12-2005, 12:44 AM

can someone plaeas explain how the "shares" deal works. So you get shares of an online poker site, which are illegal to own in the US and in many other countries. Sounds like a great deal.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:49 AM

Pokershare is shutting down. All North American players were kicked off the network at the end of October.