Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 01:12 AM

Default Did I miss a bet or lose the minimum?

I have been at this table for about an hour. If the players are observant, then they know I'm tight and moderately aggressive; and that my preflop raises mean big cards or big pairs. Villain is a tad laggy.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB

Does anyone raise the turn or river? My thinking here is that if my opponent is observant, then he will most likely fold all hands I can beat.

Thanks,

Fishlips
Old 09-26-2005, 01:16 AM

Default Re: Did I miss a bet or lose the minimum?

I'd just go ahead and cap the flop. If he then leads out the turn, I'd call down. If he checks, I'd bet and call down a CR. If he is laggy, he'd definitely play the flop this way with AK.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:03 AM

Taking the board and the preflop and flop action into account, I think that if UTG+1 doesn't have at least an ace and a gutshot or a pair and a gutshot, he's being more than just a tad LAGgy. I'd expect him to be going to the river by the time I was facing his flop 3-bet.

I'd probably put in one more raise before I started calling down. The way I'd do that, I think, is to cap the flop.

Anyway, here are some combos:

AK = 6
QQ = 6
TT = 6
AQ = 8

AA = 1

KK = 3
JJ = 3
99 = 3

So that looks good. On the other hand, Villain really shouldn't be looking to put in lots of action with a pair and a gutshot, versus a preflop 3-bettor, on that board. So the more raises he's willing to put in, the more likely it becomes that he has a set, AA or AK (and you're not a favorite anymore once we narrow Villain's range to those holdings).
Old 09-26-2005, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd just go ahead and cap the flop. If he then leads out the turn, I'd call down. If he checks, I'd bet and call down a CR. If he is laggy, he'd definitely play the flop this way with AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

second this

it's great to have position here
Old 09-26-2005, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is perfect, also because raising the turn and getting 3-bet would make me puke.