Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 07-05-2005, 02:27 AM

Default Advice for college

Well in a month and a half I'll be off to Indiana University for the first college year of my life. Let's hear some college tips / advice.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:31 AM

Default Re: Advice for college

It's not that hard. Have some [censored] fun.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:33 AM

nice start
Old 07-05-2005, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well in a month and a half I'll be off to Indiana University for the first college year of my life. Let's hear some college tips / advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bloomington freaking rocks. Born and raised there, so i may be biased. Its a small town if it weren't for the college, but there's plenty to do, I mean, its been the #1 party school in the country once or twice i think.

Go to class. Rule #1. You'll have plenty of time to party. Plenty.

Use that time to party. Rule #2. Get the hell out of the dorm rooms. Meet insane numbers of hot chicks. Get drunk. Have the TIME OF YOUR LIFE.

Go to basketball games. IU hoop is still great even without the right head coach. The records may not be impressive, but its IU hoop. Its life in Bloomington. Plus, you can use this in conjunction with the partying and having fun rule.

The first year of college is a time where you can do (and be) anything you want. Take that chance.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:35 AM

stay in shape.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:37 AM

1. Always, always wrap it up. Assuming you can get any.

2. Try to get in the habit of doing 1-2 hours of studying in the afternoon. Especially if you have the time between classes and would otherwise spend it loafing. This allows you to get away with those nights where you take a few bong rips and pass out with a bag of dinner mints on your lap.

3. Make sure you know the names of all your professors, and try to make their acquaintance early, sit in the front of the class for at least a week or two. You can always sit in the back and sleep or cut it later if you want to; for Christ's sake at least but in a little real work.

4. If you haven't registered yet, don't be a donk overachiever and take too many classes, or all serious ones. Do that in the spring.

5. Wear shower shoes. I repeat, WEAR SHOWER SHOES.

6. Wear a snazzy suit every now and then just to mess with people.

7. No serious relationships until spring semester, preferably not until sophomore year. Don't be that guy who disappears into some needy girl's vagina and gets forgotten by November. It won't work out.

8. No drinking after 2 PM on Sunday.

9. "I have a boyfriend back home," actually means, "I'll regret this a little bit, but I'm almost drunk enough. You can get away with not calling me since I'll feel a good bit of shame about this anyway."

10. See rule number 1.

NT
Old 07-05-2005, 02:41 AM

Good rules. Execpt:

[ QUOTE ]

8. No drinking after 2 PM on Sunday.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't get it.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:42 AM

All pretty good advice so far. The best I've seen is getting to know your teachers. Dont suck their ass, but make sure they know you on a name basis. At big colleges alot of times professors will not know name's of half their class.

Study in the afternoon, so you can party at night. Light on the weekdays, hard on the weekends. I learned the hard way my freshman year.

Only thing I disagree with here is getting into a relationship period.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

4. If you haven't registered yet, don't be a donk overachiever and take too many classes, or all serious ones. Do that in the spring.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Sh1t :/ I wanna get in to the business school though.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:52 AM

I can best reply to this by telling you what I regret about my college experience.

1) I didn't allow myself to make enough new friends. I constantly hung out with my old friends from home. I grew up and many of them didn't, and now I don't have as many cherishable memories as many of my classmates.

2) Stay single as long as possible. There are just too many good times to be had to be in a serious relationship.

3) Grades are important, but not as much as building a well-rounded resume. Get involved on campus and in the community.

4) Major in something that you truly enjoy. If you hate what you study in college, you will most likely hate the job that you get when you get out.

5) Live on campus for at least your first two years.

6) Get to be friends with at least a couple of your professors. Many of them are really interesting people and can help pull strings for you when you get out.

7) Don't be "too cool" for anything. If it interests you, check it out.

8) Study and party equally hard.

9) Don't buy books at the bookstore, they can all be found online.

10) Stay in shape. You will have access to a gym for free on for a marginal fee. Take advantage of it.