Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-09-2005, 08:58 PM

Default tough hand

SB is 40/4/.035
CO is 33/0/0
Button is 80/0/1 all over about 25 hands so not a lot

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (9 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, CO calls.

River: (17.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB

thoughts?
Old 12-09-2005, 09:05 PM

Default Re: tough hand

Why raise the flop? There is no need to protect your hand as you are either way ahead or way behind. I call and get over call and then jam the turn. I don't fold the flop seeing how the villians stats seem to cry idiocy. Of course we don't know how many hands you have on the villians.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:11 PM

I think someone has a set on the flop.

Fishlips
Old 12-09-2005, 09:12 PM

Hero raises the flop to make it wrong for hands like a,10 to call, if they still come along for the ride, so be it.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why raise the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Protection? Value? What else do you need?
Old 12-09-2005, 09:30 PM

While i appreciate the posts... I am not particulary interested in the flop raise, moreso the flop fold.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:51 PM

I'm suspecting either 66 or KQ here, and possibly both. Only JT has a strong draw, which, if he hits, could give you a second-best hand that will prove costly. But this is being jammed to hard for it to be a drawing hand.

Both are hands that would be called for a raise. CW says your hand is strong enough that you should see it through for one bet on each street, but given the action around you, it's highly unlikely you'll see it that cheap.

This is very tough, and who doesn't want to be getting over 10-1 to call two cold with TPTK, but at best you're drawing to three outs. The flop raise was good, but eventually, you've got to cut your losses. Good fold.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:58 PM

i like this. flop raise is standard, when 2 passives start going nuts and its 2 bets back to you i think you can fold. good discussion of hand ranges was already done. if these players were more agressive i would have to continue.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:35 AM

its the end of the evening so here are the results ( and I think you will enjoy them), SB had K8o for TPNK and Button had AQs for SPTK+BDFD. I think those two hand combos are pretty uncommon in this situation but I like the line under normal circumstances. I was already going to post it the minute i folded and i was dumbfounded to see the results. a couple hands later i thought i would take advantage of SB's tendencies (note: through 100 hands his Post flop aggro never passed .8) and he got lucky and rivered a set of 8s against my KK.... still trying to figure out how i am going to beat this guy in the future.