Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Interesting flush hand on a QQ paired board.

Ok Villain (MP) in question is raising alot of A8-AK, QJ, QK, KJ type hands and has been in a few hands with me, he seems somewhat loose PF with his raises and over aggresive on the flop- he does however plaay his made hands strongly. He was up over 100$ at one stage and has been playing a touch erratically after loosing a nice sized pot to me with AJ vs my AA. UTG is unknown and no reads but folded every hand before this (only played an orbit or so)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB ($2.55)
UTG ($56.55)
MP ($81.76)
CO ($52.15)
Button ($49.95)
Hero ($128.10)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, MP raises to $2</font>, 2 folds</font>, Hero (poster) calls $1.75, 1 fold</font>, UTG calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks.

I checked here planning to check-raise and to see where i stand. I expected MP to bet which is his style.

Turn: ($6.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)</font>
Hero bets $4</font>, UTG raises to $10</font>, MP calls $10, Hero calls $6.

OK i put out a feeler bet here and try to take down the pot- then UTG livens up?? A smooth call from villain really weirds me out. I strongly put him on AQ/KQ/QJ here. No idea about UTG. I call as im getting my 5-1 needed for the right odds to hunt for the flush.

River: ($36.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG bets $19</font>, MP calls $19,<font color="red">Hero ???? </font>

Ok a great card for me, i check because i think one of these likes there hand too much- i realise soon after that the heart is likely to be a scare card for all and may have missed a crucial chance to bet. After they bet am i just pushing here? UTG played this very strangely im thinking i could be ahead of AQ type hands but dead to 44/55?? Albeit unlikely- they are possible for these two.

Ric.
Any ideas on their two hands- results to follow.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Interesting flush hand on a QQ paired board.

I don't really know that I like a checkraise on the flop. If you were in LP, I'd like it more but a free river card is going to be harder to get OOP (which is what I'm assuming you were trying for). In addition, I don't think a flop checkraise is going to get much action from anything except a queen, which is probably going to price you out of your draw (if not on the flop, then on the turn).

The turn, I like and I'd probably just call the river.

As for their hands, I'm rather sure one of them has a queen, and maybe the one has a smaller flush. A boat is definitely unlikely for the caller, not necessarily out of the question for the leader.