Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 12:59 PM

Default Going to a concert tomorrow

Yea so my one friend is going to see Helmet and i figured for 15$ i would tag along. I have never seen them live and i have no idea what to expect. Has anyone here seen them before? are they decent live? ILL be drunk either way so i would much rather pay 15$ to see a decent band then 5$ to see a sh itty cover band.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Going to a concert tomorrow

I've never even heard of them, but to me, it sounds like you've got your bases covered. If they're awesome, great. Money well spent. If they suck? Who cares? You're drunk!
Old 09-30-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea so my one friend is going to see Helmet and i figured for 15$ i would tag along. I have never seen them live and i have no idea what to expect. Has anyone here seen them before? are they decent live? ILL be drunk either way so i would much rather pay 15$ to see a decent band then 5$ to see a sh itty cover band.

[/ QUOTE ]

Helmet and Sick of it All was one of my first "concerts" ever. They are [censored] awesome. I don't think this is the real lineup though.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never even heard of them, but to me, it sounds like you've got your bases covered. If they're awesome, great. Money well spent. If they suck? Who cares? You're drunk!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man. Besides the fact that Page Hamilton was banging Wynona. Helmet was one of the most underrated bands of the 90s, I put their Betty album in the best of thread.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man. Besides the fact that Page Hamilton was banging Wynona. Helmet was one of the most underrated bands of the 90s, I put their Betty album in the best of thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea i only have one of there albums the aftertaste and its pretty good. So i dont think the show can be that bad.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea i only have one of there albums the aftertaste and its pretty good. So i dont think the show can be that bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just cringed. Try and DL some betty for tonight. Or "Sinatra". I'd like to hear Palukas take on Helmet.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:12 PM

Helmet is not my thing. But a friend saw them last summer and raved about that concert over and over. Have a good time and drink heavily.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:17 PM

You're definitely going to have a good time. Good move on choosing some originality.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just cringed. Try and DL some betty for tonight. Or "Sinatra". I'd like to hear Palukas take on Helmet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea i went to there web site and im listing to some older stuff its alot better then that album. I think if they play old stuff the show will be good. ILL post what i think of the show on monday.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:27 PM

i'm not a fan in the sense that i really know their music, but they do rock. i would definitily go see them and would enjoy it i'm sure.