Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 05:19 PM

Default AQo - posted in CO

5/10 limit at stars - hijack also posted

Did I overplay this? Notice villain had low stack.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $5. Hero posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $10 (All-In), UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (15.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (10.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls $8 (All-In).

River: (14.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: 14.50 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 7.70 BB, between UTG, Hero and BB.</font>
<font color="#009B00">Pot 2: 6.60 BB, between UTG and Hero.</font>
<font color="#009B00">Pot 3: 0.20 BB, returned to Hero.</font>
Old 11-26-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Re: AQo - posted in CO

I don't like the turn raise, but since the dude was nearly all-in, I guess it doesn't matter since you have to call his river bet anyway. What's with all the short stacks at that table -- is that what Stars is like?

Anyway, I think the PF 3-bet is good, the flop raise is iffy -- the pot is big and you might want to wait for a safe turn to raise when your equity is bigger -- but in this case you did not get a safe turn, so I'd just call flop/call turn/call river. UTG's stack would have a lot to do with that, though.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:04 PM

ya i think the fact that UTG had a short-stack dictated the way this hand played out. normally i wouldn't raise the turn but it was going all-in anyways on the riv daddy.

in fact, looking at his stack on the flop it was pretty much all going in the middle. however i was a bit weary of MP3. i think my flop raise accomplished the goal of making him really define himself. UTG is most likely going all the way with this one. on the turn, MP3 was sandwiched between us two, so maybe he would have called UTG's bet, but feared I was going to raise, so he just threw caution to the wind and got out.

I was a little uncertain about pf 3-betting, but you like it, so that's good.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't particularly care for the PF 3-bet.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't particularly care for the PF 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im ok with it. I don't need the blinds tagging along cheap to screw me with their jank straight. Make them pay or take the dead money.