Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 09:45 PM

Default When the Bad beats get to you...

I was just 4 tabling SnG's and managed to get sucked out on
3 all-ins.

5 handed shortest stack on table but still fairly close to everybody. Raise all in post flop after standard 4x raise preflop with a what looked to be harmless Kxx flop.
I had a set of K's get dropped to runner runner straight.

1 minute later...

4 handed (3rd place in chips)
I had a guy from SB complete a 5x blind, AcQh3h flops i have Ah9h, he checks i push it in he has me covered by 25, flips over Qs3s IGNH.

3 Minutes later...

4 Handed 2nd highest stack at table, blinds 75/150.

I pick up KQo in the BB, Button Limps, I raise to 3x bb, button & chip leader calls me, flop comes rainbow KQ2, I push a pot bet out, he thinks for about 10 seconds and calls. Rag on the turn completes the rainbow, I check to him, he bids like 1/3rd the pot, i shove it all in, he thinks about it and calls and turns over A2s, he rivers the 3rd duck.

I manage to salvage a 2nd place on my 4th table, No bad beat story for it.
----------------------------------------

For all the people who play full time, how do you stay collected after a string of such plays. Do you walk away from the machine, or do you just live with the "I made the right play".

What do you do?....
Old 10-22-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Re: When the Bad beats get to you...

[ QUOTE ]
3 all-ins.

5 handed shortest stack on table but still fairly close to everybody. Raise all in post flop after standard 4x raise preflop with a what looked to be harmless Kxx flop.

1 minute later...

I had a guy from SB complete a 5x blind, AcQh3h flops i have Ah9h, he checks i push it in he has me covered by 25, flips over Qs3s IGNH.

3 Minutes later...

I pick up KQo in the BB, Button Limps, I raise to 3x bb, button & chip leader calls me, flop comes rainbow KQ2, I push a pot bet out, he thinks for about 10 seconds and calls. Rag on the turn completes the rainbow, I check to him, he bids like 1/3rd the pot, i shove it all in, he thinks about it and calls and turns over A2s, he rivers the 3rd duck.

For all the people who play full time, how do you stay collected after a string of such plays. Do you walk away from the machine, or do you just live with the "I made the right play".

What do you do?....

[/ QUOTE ]

It time to turn off the computer and go get a drink.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:50 PM

I go on an internet forum and whine about it to people who experience the same thing daily and have little sympathy for me.

Oh.

Old 10-23-2005, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I go on an internet forum and whine about it to people who experience the same thing daily and have little sympathy for me.

Oh.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol!
Old 10-22-2005, 09:58 PM

When things like that happen, I stop playing poker til I get off tilt. I go do something else.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:35 AM

I take a break and do everything within my power to not post a bad beat story here. This happens to all of us, even the best players. Just suck it up and move on. If you're a winning player you'll be on an upswing again soon enough.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3 all-ins.

1 minute later...

3 Minutes later...

What do you do?....

[/ QUOTE ]

read the Psychology Forum for this type of stuff. Think about how you went out. If they had to suckout to beat you, take comfort in the fact that you had the best hand when all the money went in the middle. After that, if you're off your game, even a little, it probably isn't wise to continue to play. Take a break.. watch tv, go workout, bang your girlfriend... whatever. The point is, to forget about it. If you never had someone suckout on you, then you're either:

1) on one HELL of a heater
2) not pressing your edges enough and costing yourself money in the long run

I hope this helps a bit
Old 10-23-2005, 12:17 PM

I go and play XBox for an hour or two and get out my anger there. Then I come back ready for more poker and have totally forgot about what happened 2 hours ago.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:21 AM

tried that and XBL is down for 24 hours
Old 10-24-2005, 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you do?....

[/ QUOTE ]

I laugh and wonder how they made it to the final table. Bad beats never bug me, even when it knocks me out. I know they got lucky, they know they got lucky, nuf said. My chips went in as a favourite... I can do no more.

What bugs me is when I get my chips in as an underdog and DON'T suck out. Then I get to mope around and wonder why...