Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2005, 04:47 AM

Default Re: QQ out of position on a rag flop

Scubba, it is my intention to get with a Math professor and find out what the chances of players at a 9 person table one holding QQ and another holding KK or AA, or one holding KK the other AA, I think it's is not very good, probably .08% that's the calculation I came up with based off of my own math, but I'm not sure if my formula was set right

I think its likely, in fact probable based on the large river bet, your Villian was holding K,10, it's hard to say, but if you're asking for my opinion, I don't mind your play at all, excepts for the check on the turn, it would have given a drawing hand a chance to get there and in this case they did on the Kc which came on the river (given the $125 bet on the turn, I doubt he was on a drawing hand) Also at a 5 person table, what do you think the chances that your Queens were not good on the turn? I don't think it's very likely he had AA or KK, make a value bet on the turn

You correctly folded on the river, in my opinion
Old 12-25-2005, 04:53 AM

Scubba, no I don't think you are correct in this line of thinking. And for someone who just correctly adviced dregal not to make a bet on the river when it could only cost him money, I don't understand where your line of thinking is coming from?

You want to check on the turn to keep the pot small and keep a drawing hand in the pot??? You'll make a decision at the river???? No, No, NO

With QQ you have the best hand on the turn in all likelihood, you have to bet that and make a nice bet (pot or 2/3 pot) Chase out the drawing hands, what if he had been on a club draw, would you have been happy to see the club on the river, what decision would you have made than?

On the turn the pot was already big enough to just take it down right than, make a respectable bet (I'd bet the pot if it were me) Take it down and move on to the next hand

P.S. YOU NEVER WANT TO KEEP THE POT SMALL WITH POCKET QUEENS!
Old 12-25-2005, 05:02 AM

Check raising on the turn with a flush draw out there

IS VERY, VERY, VERY BAD

You will get your @ss handed to you when they hit there flush and you will not win any money on a river bet when they missed

if you check to me on the turn when I have a drawing hand, I'm only going to check to see the river for FREE I will never bet to you so you can raise me, I will steal your check-raise from you, than as I said, you will pay dearly when I hit my flush and win nothing more from me, when I missed.

BAD, BAD, BAD IDEA
Old 12-25-2005, 05:05 AM

AGAIN, NEVER CHECK TO A DRAWING HAND ON THE TURN, WHY DO IT?

THEY WILL ONLY CHECK ALSO AND SEE THE RIVER FOR FREE, THIS IS VERY BAD
Old 12-25-2005, 06:25 AM

Looks to me like he semibluffed a flush draw on the turn when you failed to bet your hand and got there on the river with some random connector. You're reraise preflop looks a lot like an overpair, maybe that's just me, but I can't see the villain not raising the flop if he has QQ beat. Checkraise all in on the turn