Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 10:29 AM

Default Re: ATo preflop - I have no idea

regardless of what you think he should do preflop, many of you are not considering the fact that this is 8-handed and he is closer to the button than a 10-handed UTG+1.

also, draws to pairs and backdoors do not have good implied odds. you are not going to war on the turn when you catch one pair.. nor will you usually get much action on the river when a one card straight is on board or the 3-flush is out there.

OP really needs to stop the action at his flop decision.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
many of you are not considering the fact that this is 8-handed and he is closer to the button than a 10-handed UTG+1.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice catch.

[ QUOTE ]
also, draws to pairs and backdoors do not have good implied odds. you are not going to war on the turn when you catch one pair.. nor will you usually get much action on the river when a one card straight is on board or the 3-flush is out there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this is interesting. I was also thinking, how happy are we about our BDSD? We will not likely be able to call a turn bet anyways.

and to grapabo: that was a pretty solid argument for pf. Given that, and it being 8-handed, I think we can raise this bad boy.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this is interesting. I was also thinking, how happy are we about our BDSD? We will not likely be able to call a turn bet anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd only count the 9's and Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] towards our BDSD.. with the hearts completing the straight needing a further discount.

the standard 1.5 is far too optimistic here and only applies to 3-card straights. Once you introduce gaps, and duplicate outs with other draws, you need a few discounts.

absolute is right, PF w/o reads is a bit of a moot discussion. you can't go terribly wrong with any of the 3 choices.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:34 AM

You're absolutely right, my comment about nice implied odds is clearly wrong.