Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-26-2005, 12:40 PM

Default the bet/call-check/raise

6 handed game.

Solid tag player openraises from UTG. Everyone folds to me in the BB and I have QQ.

I guess it's the new black to never 3bet heads up out of position and my favorite shade in the gray spectrum is black so I just call.

Flop is T83r

I checkraise, villain calls.

Turn is a 4

I bet, villain raises, I call planning to checkraise a nonscary river.

River is a 7

Villain bets and I checkraise.

is this good?
Old 12-26-2005, 12:57 PM

Default Re: the bet/call-check/raise

not as good as 3-betting the turn, cmon it's a blind battle you're tags waving your penis' for the world to see no ones folding his line says he's strong, if he's strong enough to cap the turn then likewise probably strong enough to 3-bet the river if you CR. I think just get the money in when what's what, cause a scary river card might get him to check behind or you'll get scared to follow up the CR.

Preflop I've been thinking about this I mean maybe it's right maybe it's not, I think just 3-betting is probably simple easy wholesome fun, isn't it the reason you play high limits because people respect your raises and it's always easy to know where you're at [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-26-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: the bet/call-check/raise

Eh I don't see a huge benefit to not 3-betting the turn- probably an extra bet out of a hand like 99 tht would fold to the turn 3-bet. If you 3-bet the turn you can get him to maybe incorrectly fold a hand like KT and charge a draw like J9 or picked up flush draw the max.