Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2005, 06:30 PM

Default K9s and KT

It seems lately that I dont know when to call down and when to just fold. It seems that I alot of the time I can just say what the villian has, I call down, and he flips over exactly what I said he had and I lose an additional 2 BB because I couldn't fold. Other times I have a marginal hand and I get raised or checkraised and I give the villian too much credit and fold.

I just dont know when to call down and when to fold when I dont have a good read on the villian. I know if the pot is big or the villian is a maniac I should call down. I know if the pot is small and the villian is a tag I should tend to fold. What else should I be looking for?

Also, what is a good winrate in BB/100 for .25/.50. Over how many hands do I need to get a good determination of my true winrate, 20,000? I got off to a very good start at this level, and it seems over the last 2 weeks I am either barely winning or losing big in every session I play and my confidence in my own abilities is a bit shaken.

Thanks in advance for any comments, suggestions, or advice.
Hand 1

Table was very loose passive. Villian is semiloose aggressive aggressive.

Is this even worth a call down?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, MP2 calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Hand 2

Table is loose passive. No read on villian because I have never played with him before. Alot of you are gonna say to raise on the river, if you do, can you tell me what range of hands you are putting the villian on that would make raising the best play?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: (7.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB