Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2005, 02:58 PM

Default I Feel Like I Should Know How To Play This...

Hey all,

This one might be kinda straightforward, but for some reason, it isn't sitting well with me. AZK, just move it to small stakes if it would be better suited for there... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Stars 5/10. I haven't been at the table long, so no real reads... I ($1000) limp in EP with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP ($500) limps, and CO ($1200) limps as well. SB folds, and BB checks. 4 to the flop, which comes:

7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks, I bet $40, MP folds, LP calls. I think I played with LP a few months ago and that he's slightly LAG, but again, I wouldn't say that I have a real read on him... Anyway, the turn comes:

T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, LP bets $80, I make it $300, LP thinks for a few seconds and calls. River comes:

J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I push for $650, LP folds fairly quickly.

My main concern is that, even though I managed to get a lot of money in the middle, I'm not sure whether or not I would be able to get away on the river if an ugly card hit, so my opponent might not be making a mistake by calling my check-raise on the turn (or, if he is making a mistake, it probably isn't a big one).

Anyway, comments on all streets are appreciated.

ML4L