Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Re: The wrong question to ask: What Blind Structure Should I Use?

It is kind of funny the way they do that.

For the 1st 140 min it is perferctly linear at a slop of 1.5BB/min and from 140 to 240 min it has a slope of 4.5BB/min. The software must use some rules to make the blind go up slow for the 1st 1/2 of the tourney then speed it up of the last 1/2.

I agree, no RED chips in the tourney. I keep to GREEN, BLACK, PURPLE for mine. I think the easiest way is to pick the structure you like and vary the starting chips and time interval to how long you want it to run. This will also let buy the right amount chips from the get-go to prepare for the home game.

Scotty O
Old 12-07-2005, 12:08 AM

When I host a home game tourney, we start blinds at 25/50, starting chips at T2500, and blind increases every 15 minutes. Buy in is small, $25, and designed to play two w/in a four-hour period. BTW, I have a set of real clay chips that I've owned long before poker was chic. They are red ($25), blue ($100), black ($500), and yellow ($1000). I hate green chips. THey're ugly. Just my $0.02.

Cheers.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When I host a home game tourney, we start blinds at 25/50, starting chips at T2500, and blind increases every 15 minutes. Buy in is small, $25, and designed to play two w/in a four-hour period. BTW, I have a set of real clay chips that I've owned long before poker was chic. They are red ($25), blue ($100), black ($500), and yellow ($1000). I hate green chips. THey're ugly. Just my $0.02.

Cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked at a bunch of tourneys online at UB and found that the average % when a tourney ends is 2.6% with a range of 0.9% to 5.4% ($0 to $100 buyins). Surprisingly the higher the buy-in the lower the percentage. The highest percentages occur when the buy in is low and it is a Turbo tourney. I have chart at the link below. If anyone wants the EXCEl file I will surely post it as well.

Scotty O

http://scottyoweb.com/pics/blinds.gif