Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 11-22-2005, 02:43 PM

Default TT hand played badly?

Mandalay Bay 4/8 half-kill. Villain in this hand is slightly TAGgy.

I get dealt TT in BB. Four limpers. I check for some reason (first mistake).

Flop is QT6 rainbow. I bet out, one caller, button raises, I 3-bet, caller folders, SB calls.

Turn is a blank. Bet-call.

River is a queen. I check.

Good/bad/ugly?
Old 11-22-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Re: TT hand played badly?

River is ugly. He is not betting a non queen like many astute online players will, and he is RAISING any queen on the river (allowing you to three bet). Leading either gets you 1 or 3, rather than 0 or 2.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:01 PM

My reasoning is that he knows that I'm tight-aggressive, and I know that he knows that I'm tight-aggressive. I highly doubted that he was raising the flop with nothing less than two pair.

I wasn't attempting to checkraise the river, I was checking because I thought he had the better hand. Are there many hands here that I beat, outside of 66?
Old 11-22-2005, 03:07 PM

This is weak-tight thinking. I'm a TAG and I'd raise you on this flop with QJ. There was no raise preflop, how could he think you have a monster when you bet out from the BB?

Raise preflop, and bet the river and 3-bet the river if he raises. If he's such a TAG, the only hand he's going to have here that beats you is QT and you have two of the T's. Does a TAG limp with Q6s?
Old 11-22-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My reasoning is that he knows that I'm tight-aggressive, and I know that he knows that I'm tight-aggressive. I highly doubted that he was raising the flop with nothing less than two pair.

I wasn't attempting to checkraise the river, I was checking because I thought he had the better hand. Are there many hands here that I beat, outside of 66?

[/ QUOTE ]

You would get way more action out of two pair.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:46 PM

Being afraid of this river is just seeing ghosts. Yes he MIGHT have QT. But it certainly is not the only hand he could have. You think he really just decided he was going to call down with top two? If the river had made a draw get there I would be more afraid of it then pairing. Bet out the river with the intention of 3-betting. Just call the fourth bet if it happens.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:01 PM

why did you check the river?
Old 11-22-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No offense, but check/calling here is so incredible weak/tight I can't find any words...

With 3 Ts accounted for you still put him on on QT? That's the only reasonable hand he could have that beats you according to your read. And the preflop limp probably limits it to 1 combo since they need to be suited. You're check/calling because of 1 combo you're afraid of? (if you include the suits of your tens and the cards on the board it meight even be 0 combos)

(not to mention a "slightly TAGgy" opponent don't need 2-pair or better to raise the flop)
Old 11-25-2005, 02:44 AM

I think you need a strong read here to fear queens full. how strong was your read? what was it based on?