Default Re: Wrestling Angles that worked

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pride

[/ QUOTE ]

Have an example that you remember?

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed the joke. Pride as in the pride fighting championship. Smallish NHB fighting confederacy out of japan. They have some ties to pro wrestling and usually put on a pretty good show

[/ QUOTE ]

I've actually been wanting to order some their DVD's for sometime now as I hear it is much better than UFC.

Where to start? Also they have english commentary right?
Old 11-02-2005, 05:00 AM

Sting vs. Heel Hogan in WCW. They actually took their time and built up Sting coming to the resuce of WCW over a period of several months. He dropped down for the rafters and saved "WCW" workers from the evil Hogan and NWO for months before they FINALLY squared off in a main event match. Even with the constant battles with WWF for ratings at the time, they resisted the urge to hot-shot that match.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sting vs. Heel Hogan in WCW. They actually took their time and built up Sting coming to the resuce of WCW over a period of several months. He dropped down for the rafters and saved "WCW" workers from the evil Hogan and NWO for months before they FINALLY squared off in a main event match. Even with the constant battles with WWF for ratings at the time, they resisted the urge to hot-shot that match.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! Excellent choice. That's what is missing today the slow burn build up for matches.

Boy did they sure [censored] up the booking of the actual match though. Classic WCW screwing up something that writes itself.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pride

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed the joke. Pride as in the pride fighting championship. Smallish NHB fighting confederacy out of japan. They have some ties to pro wrestling and usually put on a pretty good show

[/ QUOTE ]

I've actually been wanting to order some their DVD's for sometime now as I hear it is much better than UFC.

[/ QUOTE ]

start with the ultimate fighter being shown on spike, it's free and will test your interest. yup english is all that's needed.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pride

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

start with the ultimate fighter being shown on spike, it's free and will test your interest. yup english is all that's needed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm way past that man. I've rented the first 37 UFC's in order and will get caught up by the end of the year im sure.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:07 AM

The best one is called the cowboy. When on top push your opponent down and go for the left wrist, grabbing underneath the arm. Buck opponent forward until his left arm is to his chest or under his body maintaining the grip on the wrist the whole time. Now grab his left wrist with your right hand while you manuver your left shoulder blade on his left shoulder blade. Now use your body as a lever and wrench out his arm. Once the arm is out lay it 180° on his back, grab and secure the wrist with the right hand. Pull his wrist to the mat as forcefuly as you can. If his right arm is at his side crossface him with your left forearm until he is forced to put his arm out to avoid being flipped. Once his arm is outsrtreached go under it and grap his left wrist with your left hand while releasing with your right. After doing this scoot around his body 270° until you are perpendicular with his right shoulder. Reach over his body with your right hand and cup his chin while lifting his body and your own. Push your chest to his chest while pushing with your legs. Continue pushing until his back is 180 ° to the ground. Match over.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And then they [censored] it up when they actually did it.

Of course, then they screwed up Goldberg vs Hogan.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The best one is called the cowboy. When on top push your opponent down and go for the left wrist, grabbing underneath the arm. Buck opponent forward until his left arm is to his chest or under his body maintaining the grip on the wrist the whole time. Now grab his left wrist with your right hand while you manuver your left shoulder blade on his left shoulder blade. Now use your body as a lever and wrench out his arm. Once the arm is out lay it 180° on his back, grab and secure the wrist with the right hand. Pull his wrist to the mat as forceful as you can. If his right arm is at his side crossface him with your left forearm until he is forced to put his arm out to avoid being flipped. Once his arm is outsrtreached go under it and grap his left wrist with your left hand while releasing with your right. After doing this scoot around his body 270° until you are perpendicular with his right shoulder. Reach over his body with your right hand and cup his chin while lifting his body and your own. Push your chest to his chest while pushing with your legs. Continue pushing until his back is 180 ° to the ground. Match over.

[/ QUOTE ]

No dude.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm way past that man. I've rented the first 37 UFC's in order and will get caught up by the end of the year im sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

then why did you not know pride? they pay more and have better fighters. seen smashing machine yet? phenom flick.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And then they [censored] it up when they actually did it.

Of course, then they screwed up Goldberg vs Hogan.

[/ QUOTE ]

They definently scewed up Sting - Hogan. Horrible match booking as I said.

Why do you say they screwed up Goldberg - Hogan though? I thought that was one of the most exciting Nitros and I was actually unsure as to who would win because Hogan looked like he would never give that title up.

My only complaint would be that it should have been a PPV but I thought the match itself was fine.