Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 07:09 PM

Default Re: ZAPPUD is in the hizzey

You know, hard as it may be to believe this, I'm not solely trying to be a dic here. I'm just sick of hearing about how easy these players/games are to beat when someone can't beat them and won't own up to it. I go on record all the time about how I struggle at the higher limits and against particular varieties of LAGs who I think actually truly know something that we as a group do not about this game as it's played in the middle limits, like ZAP.

It pisses me off that entire arenas of discussion get shelved in this forum just because one person *wrongly* claims that a way of playing is stupid, and that their understanding of the game is complete. This goes for everyone--Ribbo, me, and everyone else. It's just stupid to pretend you are the best player in the world when you're nowhere near being able to hold your own in a real game at real stakes.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:40 PM

lol I know. Just being a smartass. As much as I respect Graham it's sometimes hard to take him seriously when he claims to be the best PLO 8 player. It's also refreshing when I hear people talk about their losing sessions as well as their winning ones. I don't think I've heard the mighty Ribbo talk about his losing sessions. But hey, maybe he doesn't have any. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
against particular varieties of LAGs who I think actually truly know something that we as a group do not about this game as it's played in the middle limits, like ZAP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats right, that is also why I dont buy Ribbo beating Zap longterm.

In order to really beat someone you have to watch their play and know how the play and why they do things. Ribbo just basically said there is no reason to anything he does. There is always a reason. Wintermute you actually read the guy and tried to develop a way to beat him, which is exactly what you should do. Someone once said, the reason good players get beat by bad ones sometimes is because the good players never give the bad ones any credit for good play or good hands.