Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 05:45 PM

Default How do I buy party stock?

I've only traded on Etrade before. If i want to buy the party stock on the LSE, what would I need to do?
-thanks
-ZJ
Old 10-09-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Wouldn\'t do it

I know this isn't what you were looking for, but I truly do not think that party is a good company to own. As time goes forward, the percentage of players on party who are good players will rise monotonically. Why? B/c winning players are MUCH more likely to stick around than are losing players. So as new players are lured in to make an initial deposit, it will become more and more likely as time goes on that they will lose their money and quit. Sure, there will be a certain percentage of gambling addicts who will continue to play all the way to their own bankruptcy, but I really don't believe that this is a large number of people. And so the number of people who play beyond their initial deposit will shrink. Additionally, since there will be fewer fish, people who are now able to beat the rake but not by a huge margin will start to lose money as the fish stop coming. With this in mind, I just don't see how there is any way that party can expect to grow, or even prevent itself from shrinking in the long run. I would happily short this stock if I didn't have 30k in college loans [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] It strikes me as blatantly overpriced with regard to its long term prospects.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Re: How do I buy party stock?

Hi ZeeJ,

You can call eTrade and find out if they will place an order for foreign stocks that way. eTrade UK handles London stocks, so you have a shot!
Old 10-09-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Wouldn\'t do it

"As time goes forward, the percentage of players on party who are good players will rise monotonically."

ahahahhahahahhaha wow.

speechless.

Zee, fwiw I would pm Paluka.

Will
Old 10-09-2005, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"As time goes forward, the percentage of players on party who are good players will rise monotonically."

ahahahhahahahhaha wow.

speechless.

Zee, fwiw I would pm Paluka.

Will

[/ QUOTE ]

I assure you I have no idea how to buy party stock. I don't even have a personal investment account.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:25 PM

You don't think this is true? The weaker players will keep feeding in at the bottom, but they will be less likely to stick around. As a result, the avg player skill level will increase.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:09 AM

I would stay away from regulated companies...
Old 10-10-2005, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would stay away from regulated companies...

[/ QUOTE ]

Worse than being a regulated company is being unregulated with future possibility of being regulated on unkown terms.

Online poker is a real grey zone in the legal sense, and that makes them inherently risky. Besides other operational risks such as less players etc.

I'd only buy this if price were really depressed wich is not the case here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2005, 04:12 AM

The fact that everybody from these forums and every other incredibly high volume player that has been playing on the skins is going back to party within the next week means that in the next quarter party's revenues have to explode higher.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:25 AM

Default Re: How do I buy party stock?

I think Party's latest moves are great for the company and the stock may rally but from what levels is the key..this stock could go down another 20 bucks before it rallies.

The slowdown in growth is countered by their great new moves that take control of their Network...problem is investors need growth and Party still has a very high market capitalization. Dont know the current market cap. cause I dont know the float but those details are in the ipo prospectus.

Really to do a thorough analysis of Party for a longer term investment you need to know all the metrics.

If you want to do a trade that's another thing.

I also like the news but be wary -this is a battleground stock that is highly volatile ..it will cost most traders money to get involved.

I made a decent living trading for ten years.

The easy trade this morning was getting short Empire Online EOL.L stock only opening down a few points now it's down 23 and it will go much lower unless they get bought out or merge with someone and fast.

The best trade shortterm is/was getting short Empire.
The idea to get long Party is more of a crapshoot-less pragmatic. I think Empire should be cut in half by these developments.

To buy a LSE stock you need a broker who has ties to a broker in London ..all big investment banks can do it for you. I use CreditSuisseFirstBoston.
good luck