Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Poker tracker question

i am fairly new to this forum so forgive me if this sounds stupid to the rest of you guys. I am currently playing 2/4 on Party and over 12k hands i have a winrate of 1.9bb/100. I have not been using poker tracker. I downloaded it and i used up the free hands. I was wondering about how:

a) is it used? Do you just open it when you start playing?

b)how do you use it while playing? Do you continually look it up while playing?

I have read some of the micro limit stuff and am familiar with what the diffrent stats mean but i would just like to be sure that i am using it right before making a purchase.

thank you in advance,

ejay
Old 07-26-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Poker tracker question

I bought it a month ago and I still don't know how to use it, but I'm not too worried about getting my $s worth eventually.
Just get it - if you're playing 2/4 it costs you like 14 bets.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:25 PM

Use pokertracker to review your play after the session. Get an add-on heads up display tool to use during the session. There's lots of discussion on the various HUDs available in the Software forum.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:25 PM

Poker Tracker is fantastic. It is everywhere you want to be.

What many players here do is have it running and importing hands constantly. Used in conjunction with GameTime+ on PP and you can see the numbers for all the players you are up against in realtime overlayed onto the PP screen.

Probably even more importantly, you can find leaks in your own game. If it weren't for PT I would not have realized that I was spitting up chips like a sprinkler with AXs in early position.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i am fairly new to this forum so forgive me if this sounds stupid to the rest of you guys. I am currently playing 2/4 on Party and over 12k hands i have a winrate of 1.9bb/100. I have not been using poker tracker. I downloaded it and i used up the free hands. I was wondering about how:

a) is it used? Do you just open it when you start playing?

b)how do you use it while playing? Do you continually look it up while playing?

I have read some of the micro limit stuff and am familiar with what the diffrent stats mean but i would just like to be sure that i am using it right before making a purchase.

thank you in advance,

ejay

[/ QUOTE ]

a) yep. use it in conjuction with www.pokeracesoftware.com ... PA rocks!

b) PA HUD or gametime+ looks up the info for you and overlays the stats on the players ... very useful info to identify fish, maniacs, etc

BUT ... one of the best uses is analyzing your play later

I used PT to sort my losing starting hands and found KJo to be showing a huge loss for me (over a smallish sample). Why? B/C I would just go over to my excel starting hands chart and say "oh, call from any position for a loose game". Although KJo should show a small +EV, I wasn't really thinking about how easily dominated it could be. So I tightened up when and how I played it preflop and on the flop. Anyway, I wouldn't have found this out easily without PT. It's also great for reviewing HH's later.

Hope that helps.