Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 02-13-2005, 11:33 PM
AngryCola AngryCola is offline
Senior Member

Location: Wichita
Default Scam of the Week

I just received this e-mail:

Subject: Your Dad and Poker

"Good Morning XXXX,

I am a school teacher in the US Virgin Islands and your dad is taking away our modest family home that we built with the help of friends in between several devastating hurricanes. Can you please ask him to accept our $40,000 for an SBA disaster loan he bought for $20,000 in 1999? He is asking for $80,000 and we can't make it. He plays so much at the poker table so non chalantly and it doesn't seem to bother him. We are real people living in economically challenged Frederiksted in St. Croix. We are nice (economically challenged) people who just want to keep living in the house we built ourselves. It is the only asset we have been able to accumulate in this life. It means so much to us. Can it mean that much to him to keep inflicting discomfort on us? Your intervention will be deeply appreciated. You can check out the veracity of my story. Thanking you in advance for what ever you can do for us.
Respectfully,
Susan K. Allick
112 Estate Prosperity
Frederiksted, St. Croix 00840
(340) 772-2482 (h)
(340) 778-0123 x235 (w)
sallick@viaccess.net "

Aww..

I really feel for them.
Maybe I should send them all of my money.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:55 PM
sthief09 sthief09 is offline
Senior Member

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Scam of the Week

wtf? whoever that is is offering to give you 40k, not asking for money.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:58 PM
AngryCola AngryCola is offline
Senior Member

Location: Wichita

[ QUOTE ]
wtf? whoever that is is offering to give you 40k, not asking for money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should take them up on their offer. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

*EDIT*
Btw, I know what the e-mail says, but they still want my money.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:00 AM
BusterStacks BusterStacks is offline
Junior Member

can they transfer through neteller?
Old 02-14-2005, 12:02 AM
Michael Davis Michael Davis is offline
Senior Member

Location: Santa Monica, CA

This is the new scam. They will tell you their bank needs some sort of BS guarantor's fee or release fee or whatever.

-Michael
Old 02-14-2005, 12:02 AM
AngryCola AngryCola is offline
Senior Member

Location: Wichita

[ QUOTE ]
can they transfer through neteller?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

I don't know.

But all of their contact information is there.
You guys can check it out if you like.

You shouldn't have any problems, because I know this e-mail isn't specifically for me. My dad doesn't play poker.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:16 AM

From: XXXXXXX
Subject: Re: Your Dad and Poker

Sure, he would be glad to accept your $40,000. I talked it over with him, and he has given me full control of his finances for this transaction. I accept PayPal and Neteller. Since I am letting you guys off the hook for the other $40,000, I assume you should have no trouble accomodating my payment methods. If this does not suit you, perhaps a small payment as a gesture of good faith would persuade me to use other methods. I trust you will respond immediately, as I am feeling quite generous today, and that's quite out of character for me. Glad I could help

Best Wishes,

XXXXX

Old 02-14-2005, 03:01 AM
EliteNinja EliteNinja is offline
Senior Member

Location: Vancouver, Canada

From: XXXXXXX

Sure, he would be glad to accept your $40,000. I talked it over with him, and he has given me full control of his finances for this transaction. I accept PayPal and Neteller. Since I am letting you guys off the hook for the other $40,000, I assume you should have no trouble accomodating my payment methods. If this does not suit you, perhaps a small payment as a gesture of good faith would persuade me to use other methods. I trust you will respond immediately, as I am feeling quite generous today, and that's quite out of character for me. Glad I could help

Best Wishes,

XXXXX

Great reply mail, Vanilla Ice!
Old 02-14-2005, 03:41 AM
AngryCola AngryCola is offline
Senior Member

Location: Wichita

Of course, assuming you ever get one, you have to post their reply to you.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:16 AM
Lawrence Ng Lawrence Ng is offline
Member

Location: Vancouver BC

[ QUOTE ]
We are real people living in economically challenged Frederiksted in St. Croix.