Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many hands do you need to have a high (95%+) confidence in your win rate at a given limit? You c
125k+ 11 18.03%
75k - 125k 21 34.43%
50k - 75k 9 14.75%
30k - 50k 10 16.39%
20k - 30k 3 4.92%
Anything more than 10k 7 11.48%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2004, 01:28 PM

Default Time for a seperate software forum

It seems to me the amount of software posts in this forum has been increasing rapidly, which is completely fine.

However, I think with all of the internet players talking about Poker Tracker and Playerview, the time has come for a seperate software forum.

I don't have a big case to make here, but I think it would vastly improve the book and software discussions if they were put in their own sections.

What are your opinions on this matter?
Old 12-08-2004, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Time for a seperate software forum

My one and only *BUMP* for all of you who voted but didn't comment. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Seems like there is quite a consensus.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:12 PM

I don't see the reason for a seperate forum. Why can't we all just get along? I'd rather visit one forum, not two. It would cut down on my time spent here, thats for sure.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2004, 08:41 PM

Maybe just a separate forum for PokerTracker and PlayerView support requests and "analyze my stats" threads. I'm still interested in software in the sense of, "Is X worth the money?" I'm not able to take part in the PT or PV communities because I don't own their products yet. Also, the number of support requests here makes me wonder about their authors' support.

Checking so many forums is time-consuming, i agree, but the marginal frustration of one more is tiny. Speaking of software, my answer would be to modify UBB so as to aggregate multiple forums together. Frankly I'm surprised no one's made this enhancement to UBB yet.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:29 PM

I voted no. I think they one of the big mistakes forums can make is having too many subforums when the amount of traffic doesn't warrant them.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:41 AM

Exactly. There isn't that much traffic on this forum if you compare it with others on 2+2.

But it would be nice with a sticky containing links to all available software (at least / especially the free ones).
Old 12-09-2004, 01:48 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

No real need for a new forum. There are only 2 or 3 software products that get discused and most of those have their own forums. Playerview currently doesn't but I would expect that they will eventually.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No real need for a new forum. There are only 2 or 3 software products that get discused and most of those have their own forums. Playerview currently doesn't but I would expect that they will eventually.

[/ QUOTE ]
We may be reaching a critical mass with the number of poker playing programmers and other technical types on these boards. We could soon see many new programs being written and shared by posters. I have some ideas, so I'd guess there are many less lazy people are out there actually doing things that will surprise and amaze us.

If internet poker doesn't collapse first, the techies may eventually need their own forum to play in. The writer's got their's with Mason's Internet Magazine, why not the programmers?
Old 12-09-2004, 02:56 AM

I really want this to happen. Other than the vague umbrella of 'poker aids', I see no reason to group the two in the first place.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:28 AM

I think we should have two seperate forums.

Firstly because the two subjects doesnt have anything to do with eachother.

Secondly is that im getting kinda fedd up by all the pokertracker and playerview questions.

Thirdly we are gonna need a seperate forum soon, so why dont be prepared ?