Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 12-28-2005, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Top 5 sports games of the last 5 years

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. Notre Dame/USC this season. One of the greatest college football games of all time.
2. Potentially a bunch of the NCAA tournament games last year. UK/Mich St, Wake-West VA, Arizona-Ill. were amazing games. I can't pick one.
3. Patriots/Raiders AFC Championship game 2002
4. Titans-Rams Super Bowl, 2000. Tackled on the 1 yard line as time expires, stretching for the end zone? Priceless.

Having trouble thinking of the 5th, esp. since I don't give a [censored] about baseball

[/ QUOTE ]

The Titans-Rams SB wasn't that exciting. The first three quarters were actually quite boring IMO. It was just the last 10 minutes that made it "memorable", but not necessarily great.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, I was probably giving too much credit to the finish. Any suggestions for a replacement?
Old 12-28-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i really dont remember if the game was good or not but larry johnsons 4 point shot against pacers could probaly be put in top 10 games just for that

[/ QUOTE ]
That game was in 1999, and it really wouldn't be in the discussion for top 10 even if it was in the last 5 years.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:13 PM

I can't believe no one has mentioned the Lakers vs. Spurs game 5 in the 2004 Western conference finals. Tim Duncan hitting a tough off balance shot to take the lead with less than a second remaining only to have Derek Fisher hit a miracle shot at the other end.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2. Potentially a bunch of the NCAA tournament games last year. UK/Mich St, Wake-West VA, Arizona-Ill. were amazing games. I can't pick one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arizona 96 - Gonzaga 95 in double OT in the 2003 tourney. I remember watching that game and being on the edge of my seat from midway through the first half on.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Arizona 96 - Gonzaga 95 in double OT in the 2003 tourney. I remember watching that game and being on the edge of my seat from midway through the first half on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. Great game.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:17 PM

2002 ncaa football title game ohio state vs miami was real good i thought
Old 12-28-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Best baseball game I've seen. I know you are Yankees fan but you have to admit it was a great game, win or lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a Yankee fan and I consider it the greatest baseball game I ever saw. The entire game was unreal. Yanks on the verge of 4th championship in a row with Mo on the mound. When they lost, I wasn't even upset because I knew both teams played to the best of their abilities and that's all you can ask.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:39 PM

Was the Jets/Dolphins MNF Crazy game in the last 5 years? This might be the best sports event I have ever witnessed. Too lazy to look it up though.

Brief Summary:
Jets down something like 30 going into the 4th quarter and the stadium was emptying. They come back all the way and people are turning around on the freeway. At the end, one of the lineman caught a gigantic TD as an eligible reciever.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe no one has mentioned the Lakers vs. Spurs game 5 in the 2004 Western conference finals. Tim Duncan hitting a tough off balance shot to take the lead with less than a second remaining only to have Derek Fisher hit a miracle shot at the other end.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't read the whole thread but this has gotta be on the list... at least for me. Awesome [censored] game.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:15 PM

Am I the only one that thinks Michael Jordons last game ever was one of the best? I just re watched that game the other night and it was so good, especially that ending.