Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Re: meta-game makes 4 malicious monetary matters [meticulous memoirs]

i would really like to know why neither schneids, mike l, or baronzeus raise postflop with that K9 hand. you just called preflop, you have 2p2k HU... are you trying to let him keep bluffing or something? i just don't get it.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:02 PM

I'm in position, and I have the power to make sure a bet goes in on every street. I really don't want to get 3bet, and I really want to go to showdown. Finally, I want to put him in a really tough spot on the turn and river when I flat call the last street.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would really like to know why neither schneids, mike l, or baronzeus raise postflop with that K9 hand. you just called preflop, you have 2p2k HU... are you trying to let him keep bluffing or something? i just don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll get to this thread some more in a day, but this one I can quickly answer:

I wanted to just call call call so in upcoming hands I would raise when I had something, because I wanted him to think I was falling into a pattern of calling when I have something and raising when I have nothing. To an extent this worked I think, if you notice how big of a pot I won with my K3 and he only had A8 high (also relating that to the 75 hand, which looks like spraying, I thought he would call me down with lower PP's as well as K-high. Plus I wasn't sure whether or not he'd fold any better hands, so it could be taken as a value-bluff where I really have no clue what I'm doing, but it's def more than spraying without a purpose).

Plus yes, I had nothing wrong with continuing to let him bet if he had little.

Finally, this is me giving myself too much credit surely, which I like to do, but I really thought his bet timing on the turn felt like he was looking to 3-bet if I raised in that K9 hand.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:04 PM

cool, thanks.