Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 11-28-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Straddle Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OMG, if you were there you would be the first to scream NIT!!!! at the top of your lungs in the direction of all the "BKs"

[/ QUOTE ]

You're damn right. I'd have to yell and needle enough to make him give up the $150/hr or so that he'd be giving up to come join me and my straddling crew. It's a good thing I'm Doug [censored] Meyer and I know how to make BK straddle if I need to make him straddle.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, I just wanted to make sure no one got the wrong impresssion based on your first post [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2005, 10:16 PM

Default Re: Get a rock going

[ QUOTE ]
Hehe rocks are no longer allowed at Canterbury Card Club in MN. Nor is using different colored chips as "markers" for a rock. Something about the MN Gaming Commission saying no to it and it "making certain people who don't want to straddle feel uncomfortable." Yes, otherwise, a rock is a fine solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played in this game last week and we played with a rock the majority of the time...it was not rubberbanded but we used 2 $25 green chips as the identifier. The dealers for sure and the floor almost definately knew this was going on and didn't do anything nor say anything. So, I don't think they follow that rule too much. I played with both you and BK but I don't think it was a rock game then. I think I know the player you are referring to and I think I side with Schneids and I would straddle.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WHAT IF JIMMY HAPPENED TO READ THIS?

IT IS POSSIBLE.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I have known Jimmy for about 20years. He will not be reading this.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:17 PM

what we used to do back when the 20 game here was really good and went all night all the time was do "mandatory live straddle with a rebate". so everyone straddled every hand and got $20 back from whoever won the pot. it was so awesome.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:58 PM

WTF does EV have to do with straddling?
Old 11-29-2005, 06:06 AM

When you all give Jimmy good action, does he give you good sporting bet tips?
Old 11-29-2005, 06:54 AM

"I think BK is horribly wrong"

Here's how I see it. A poker player made a decision.

It happened to be BK, and it happened to be a decision to not straddle, but really it was just another decision by just another poker player. Could have been anyone, doing anything.

If there's one thing we assume about poker players and their decisions, it's that poker players are looking out for their own interests. So if I decide to quit when you would have stayed, or if BK decides to not straddle when you would have straddled, well, in both cases, and all others too, your opinion has nothing to do with it, just as I have nothing to do with you not quitting when I would have, just as BK has nothing to do with it when you decide to straddle. I'm not saying that everyone can be right when we make our decisions. More than that, I'm saying that everyone is always right. For who better can judge what is best for me better than I can? No one. Who can judge what is best for you better than you can? No one. Who can judge whether BK should have straddled better than BK can? No one.

Tommy
Old 11-29-2005, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"I think BK is horribly wrong"

Here's how I see it. A poker player made a decision.

It happened to be BK, and it happened to be a decision to not straddle, but really it was just another decision by just another poker player. Could have been anyone, doing anything.

If there's one thing we assume about poker players and their decisions, it's that poker players are looking out for their own interests. So if I decide to quit when you would have stayed, or if BK decides to not straddle when you would have straddled, well, in both cases, and all others too, your opinion has nothing to do with it, just as I have nothing to do with you not quitting when I would have, just as BK has nothing to do with it when you decide to straddle. I'm not saying that everyone can be right when we make our decisions. More than that, I'm saying that everyone is always right. For who better can judge what is best for me better than I can? No one. Who can judge what is best for you better than you can? No one. Who can judge whether BK should have straddled better than BK can? No one.

Tommy

[/ QUOTE ]

Tommy I know there have been times in the mirage 3/6 game where I (along with GoT and Justin) have been positive your decision to not straddle was incorrect. So we found a simple solution, put the 6 chips out there for you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2005, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who can judge what is best for you better than you can? No one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell that to my shrink.