Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 05:58 AM

Default Re: i run bad (with a difference)

[ QUOTE ]
horrible things i've done recently:

- bubble, i'm a medium stack as button=88. utg is another medium stack and went all-in. he has me out chipped by 100. short stack sb has 2bb left after posting. bb is big stack. notes say utg is a horrible player and will push with any pair, ax, KXs and any 2 face cards. i call. he has a6o and spikes his ace. WTF am i doing calling when sb has 2bb left?! (sngpt says it was -EV to call.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this is a pretty bad call, but maybe not terrible, as you could push the table around on the bubble afterwards; depends if you think you can make that -EV back or not. I'd probably let this go though, and I'm a pretty damn good pushbot.

[ QUOTE ]

- 5 handed, blinds 100/200. i'm the #2 stack with 3k chips. folded to me as button w/A3o. bigstack is sb w/3.5k, bb is a solid player w/2k chips. i raise 2.5bb. sb folds, bb goes all in. i call. he had kq and doesnt improve. i got lucky, but i think calling was horrible on my part, given the read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Horrible stack sizes, I'd have probably folded pf and hoped the sb and bb got into some battle. After your raise though a call is probably okay.

[ QUOTE ]

- 6 handed, i have 2k chips at 50/100 blinds. i raise 2.5bb with jqs. bb, who has 2.5k chips, calls. flop is A,4,8 w/2 of my suit. he checks, i continuation bet 1/2pot, he check raises allin. why in the hell did i call on a flush draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea. Where did you raise from? I wouldn't cont bet here by the way, not with the A on the board, and a freebie look at the turn. Why cont bet - you don't have to every flop, y'know. You raised QJs for deception, as well as the steal, right? So why spoil it by raising when you get a really good flop and a free look at the next card, I don't understand.

[ QUOTE ]

- 5 handed, blinds 75/150. i'm #2 stack with 3k as BB=ako. big stack has 4k, is a horrible player and is sb. folded to him, and he pushes. even though he's horrible, why in the hell did I call 20bb? i'm risking my tourny life on probably either a 60/40 my favor or the wrong side of a coin flip?! (he had 78s and gets s flush)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not too terrible, but I'd probably marginally fold, as I can definitely get him later on if he's as bad as that.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:05 AM

Default Re: i run bad (with a difference)

Played some really horrible poker as well tonight. Getting bigstack early and blowing it all away on horrible agressive moves. Trying to force opponents of hands they have told me quite clearly they are in love with.

Making riverpushes that only gets called by hands that beat me, etc.

Think I'll have to onetable a little, and focus 100% on making good decions every hand just to get my confidence back up.