Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-22-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Trip to the bookstore

[ QUOTE ]
But I agree with the assessment of the Gunslinger series 100%. Only die-hard fans will enjoy all 7 installments and that's because they are die-hard fans. The first was the best by far.

[/ QUOTE ]
Stephen King books always get me totally sucked into the story. I can't put them down. But I have been disappointed by the ending of every one. I'm always left saying "Really? That's it? That's how it ends?" That's why I love the Dark Tower books. The story telling is great and they don't have a disappointing ending because they are just continued in the next book. I refuse to read the last book because I know the ending will suck and will ruin the whole series for me.
Old 10-22-2005, 03:11 PM

It's the journey, not the destination.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:15 PM

Chuck Palahniuk is the man. I haven't read Invisible Monsters yet, but considering who it's by, it can't be bad, however I loved Choke (more than Lullaby, about as much as Fight Club). Get Choke and Fight Club if you haven't yet.

King is good too. Need to read more King.

Also this is kind of out there, but when ever I mention books, I reccommend David Sedaris. He's hillarious IMO, try getting Me Talk Pretty One Day - that's my favorite (although Six to Eight Black Men from Dress Your Family is my favorite story).