Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Lost most money from pairs. should i not play pairss even top pair ag

i have around 15k hands and it shows that i have lost the most money from pairs. should i just stop playing them? even top pairs top kickers. should i not even play tptk aggresively out of position? i was a winning player in 25nl but i got whooped bad in the 50nl lost around 700 their so i am going back to 25nl to get my money back before moving again. so i want to make some changes of the way i will play in 50nl . i want to imbed it in the 25nl as well. so should i just stop playing top pairs aggresisvely? or not at all.. just wait for big hands that i win most with such as sets or straight or house or flushes? some help guys from some 50NL killers.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Lost most money from pairs. should i not play pairss even top pai

are you looking at poker tracker? the misc stats screen is somewhat misleading since it includes all hand whether you folded them pre-flop or not.

as for specific advice...well, this question is pretty close to "how do i play poker?" read some books, read this site, post hands that give you problems.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:30 PM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think TPTK generally doesn't hold up in big pots. If you get too much action, you're probably beat. (obviously this depends on the board, the game, etc.) The same can be said of overpairs. I can't tell you how many times I've been stacked with AA or KK losing to a set or the like.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Lost most money from pairs. should i not play pairss even top pair ag

OK, the order of hands is: High card, PAIR, 2 Pair, trips, str8, flush, boat, quads, str8flush. Notice that pair is pretty low on that list.

Not to be too rough on you, but at 25NL its like a play money table. You can't gauge your skill from that. 50NL starts to have a little more thought to it. And one of those thoughts is don't play big multiway pots with just a pair.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:41 PM

Did you happen to start losing more when party changed its structure to 100BB stacks? TPTK loses alot of value with deeper stacks.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Lost most money from pairs. should i not play pairss even top pair ag

Do you find yourself getting stubborn with hands like 99 88 and 1010 alot postflop??
Old 03-30-2005, 08:46 PM

well ever since the blind change, my winnings have declined but i still was winning in the 25nl. but eventually i had a big enough bankroll(2k) to move to 50nl which i did. but now after losing alot i had to think about everything again. i am playing tighter now and not betting out of position with tp tk in multiway. atleast not betting that much...
Old 03-30-2005, 08:48 PM

and yes i am kinda over aggressive with over pockets.