Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2005, 12:07 PM

Default My next books?

Hello all fellow 2+2:ers.

I've started playing poker about 4 months ago. Went down quite good in the beginning but I have started learning the game and making profit. My last 10000 hands at 0.5/1$ fixed show a profit of 2bb/100hands. ( Thats probably not the average I'm doing now cause my play is improving all the time)

I've bought SSH some weeks ago and went from cover to cover a couple of times. Of course I have to play much more before I can use all the skills learned in it, but I'm wondering what books You think I should read next? Preferably some books I can get from conjelco =).

Thanks in advance

- Dariel
Old 02-14-2005, 12:15 PM

Default Re: My next books?

Well you already have the best advanced book out there for small stakes. You might want to get Internet Texas Hold'em by Matt Hilger for some hold'em background SSH kind of assumes you already have. Another option is to wait a month or so for Ed Miller's new book "Getting Started in Hold'em".

Also, at some point you will want to get the greatest poker book ever written, Theory of Poker by David Sklansky.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Theory of Poker by David Sklansky.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-14-2005, 05:54 PM

I think you're good to go as long as you plan on staying at these limits. You can pick up Theory of Poker if you want, but the stuff in it that was not in SSH isn't likely to help you much in low-stakes games. If you plan on moving up, obviously you would want to get yourself a copy of Hold'em for Advanced Players and maybe Middle Limit Hold'em, despite the criticisms.