Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2004, 06:36 PM

Default Legends Super strategy

Okay...I'm playing in the Bike's Legends of Poker $500 buy-in super satellite, where one in ten players will receive entry into the WPT $5,000 main event this weekend...

I'm wondering what everyone here would think is proper strategy for playing the Super...especially since you're just trying to outlast 9/10ths of the competition and not win the thing.

For what it's worth...I'm a classic TAG...usually like to start tourneys in a tight, wait-em-out until the 3rd level style of play...

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2004, 10:58 PM

Default Re: Legends Super strategy

...please?
Old 08-24-2004, 10:34 AM

I think you just play your normal game until it gets close to the bubble. Once there, the bubble means more than usual, so take that into consideration before pushing with JJ or calling a push with AQ if you have an average stack.

If you're a big stack near the bubble, it might be worth playing with short stacks with mediocre hands hoping to outdraw them because each person knocked out near the bubble is worth a lot of equity. Just don't play sheriff TOO much.

Good luck
Old 08-25-2004, 02:20 AM

Once I pretty well have a seat locked up I play very tight. At a certain point, I won't play any hands. When it gets real close to the bubble, you generallly want to avoid action unless you are one of the shortest stacks.

In general, a big stack cannot play as aggressively as in a normal tournament, but you can play aggressively against much smaller stacks that can't do you much harm.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:03 AM

What time you playing at?
I'm playing the 3:15.
All i can say is TAG is good and chips lost are worth a lot more than chips won since you aren't trying to win the whole thing, so survival is more important than usual.

If you are at the 3:15, i'll be wearing a grey NBA on TNT sweatshirt, sunglasses and listening to an MP3 player.

Good luck.

SD