Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 01:57 AM

Default 30-60 Canterbury Hand

I went up to CP over the weekend and had a great time. I didn't play much 30-60 but I thought this was an interesting hand. Villian in this hand is Gananni (SP?) for any of you who know him. Anyway, he is a pretty solid player from what I've seen of him, but has had a few and is flirting with the extremely hot woman to my right, but still appears to be playing solid. Anyway, on to the hand.

The game is 10 handed and I'm on the button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Gananni raises UTG and it is folded around to me and I make it three to go. Blinds fold and he calls.

Flop
3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Check, bet, call.

Turn
A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checked to me.
Whats my play and why?
Old 10-24-2005, 01:59 AM

Default Re: 30-60 Canterbury Hand

Hmmmmmmm. . . Bet
Old 10-24-2005, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I went up to CP over the weekend and had a great time. I didn't play much 30-60 but I thought this was an interesting hand. Villian in this hand is Gananni (SP?) for any of you who know him. Anyway, he is a pretty solid player from what I've seen of him, but has had a few and is flirting with the extremely hot woman to my right, but still appears to be playing solid. Anyway, on to the hand.

The game is 10 handed and I'm on the button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Gananni raises UTG and it is folded around to me and I make it three to go. Blinds fold and he calls.

Flop
3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Check, bet, call.

Turn

Checked to me.
Whats my play and why?

[/ QUOTE ]
You should bet. The reason you should bet is becuz there are still many 2nd best hands out there that will pay you off or atleast call your turn bet. Some of these possible hands include: AK,AQ,AJ,ATs,KK,TT,KhQh,KhJh,QhJh. Notice that if your lucky, your solid opponent could have AK,AT,TT, or the gutshot royal flush draw, and he may checkraise you with those hands, if you dont bet the turn youll never take advantage of this juicy situation. I understand why you may be thinking about checking the turn becuz your opponent may have something like 88,99,JJ,QQ, and he may not call the turn, so checking the turn may induce him to make a bad river call. But this is not the time to think about inducing river calls/bluffs when there are many second best hands out there that will call you down, or checkraise you. So bet the turn if you like money.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:55 AM

Its Gnotti, and plz bet.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Flop

Check, bet, call.

Turn

Checked to me.
Whats my play and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should think about betting because he might call and you could make some money.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:26 AM

Hesitate, and then bet.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:36 AM

OK, so we all agree he should bet, but a lot of you are neglecting the very important "and why?"
Old 10-24-2005, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, so we all agree he should bet, but a lot of you are neglecting the very important "and why?"

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I did address this in my reply: <font color="red"> Because he might get called. </font>

This poker stuff can get very complicated.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:49 AM

I don't really wanna rip on you but cmon man this is not an interesting hand/thread. Bet. Duh. It's not close. It's not something taht deserves a why or an explanation in mid-high.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I did address this in my reply: <font color="red"> Because he might get called. </font>

This poker stuff can get very complicated.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was being a jerk. Also, your post was the reason I said "a lot" and not "all." [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]