Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 01:31 PM

Default Re: AQ under fire, ok to let go?

TOP PAIR GOOD KICKER RAISE RAISE RAISE RAISE RAISE FLOP AF = 3.0 TAG TAG TAG WE HAVE THE BEST HAND SOMETIMES AND IF WE DON'T HE WILL PUNISH US AND WE WILL CALL DOWN AND IF WE DO HE WILL FOLD YEAH THATS HOW WE SHOULD PLAY THIS HAND
Old 09-30-2005, 01:51 PM

Are you thinking that this player won't bet 99/TT/QQ on the river after we check behind? Or that based on the size of the pot, the likely hand distribution, and the likelyhood of one of those hands checking that we are too likely behind when he bets to call a river bet unimproved?
Old 09-30-2005, 02:08 PM

Just as a question...why hasn't anybody suggested raising the flop? It seems to me as though KK, QQ and JJ would also three bet pre flop and then (perhaps?) follow up with a continuation bet despite the ace on board. Nobody has even brought this up so sorry if I'm missing something basic. Just wanted to throw it out there.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just as a question...why hasn't anybody suggested three betting the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm pretty sure that suggestion was ignored because it's impossible. i could be wrong though. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2005, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just as a question...why hasn't anybody suggested three betting the flop? It seems to me as though KK, QQ and JJ would also three bet pre flop and then (perhaps?) follow up with a continuation bet despite the ace on board. Nobody has even brought this up so sorry if I'm missing something basic. Just wanted to throw it out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as raising the flop, think about the effect a raise would have on KK/QQ and whether or not that is good or bad.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:19 PM

Grunch: I think the fold is fine. Based upon what you saw (though a small sample), I think Villain has a set or 2-pair. I don't think you have enough outs to call in this small pot if behind.

I think you played PF well, though I guess some might argue you should fold even AQo against ultra-tight player 3-betting (I don't agree, and think you don't have enough info on this player yet anyhow to make that kind of fold PF). On the flop, however, I'm torn between calling (is this a WA/WB situation?) or raising, but I think the latter to find out where I am before I get, say, check-raised on the more expensive street.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:23 PM

miles- yeah sorry...just edited my post. I meant raising the flop not three betting.

deception- Does it have anything to do with encouraging KK and QQ to continue betting into us on the turn when he only has two outs? Seems sort of like the WA/WB (check/call-check/call-bet) line, just with a much larger kicker than we'd usually have when we take this line. Use it cause he's a tight player who three bet preflop?

Thanks.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TOP PAIR GOOD KICKER RAISE RAISE RAISE RAISE RAISE FLOP AF = 3.0 TAG TAG TAG WE HAVE THE BEST HAND SOMETIMES AND IF WE DON'T HE WILL PUNISH US AND WE WILL CALL DOWN AND IF WE DO HE WILL FOLD YEAH THATS HOW WE SHOULD PLAY THIS HAND

[/ QUOTE ]

Well,

FINE THEN, I'M WRONG. JEEZ.

Num Lock = What the heck does it do?
Caps Lock = Don't be a jerk.
Punctuation = invented for a reason. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Activates the numerical keys on the right of the keyboard [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Activates the numerical keys on the right of the keyboard [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why, so it does. I'm sure on my last keyboard it didn't do anything though. Or am I just crazy?