Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 03:58 AM

Default Raaaaaaaaise

Notes ->
- Table is very loose overall
- SB is a TAG
- Raaaaaaaaise

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (13 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>
Old 10-27-2005, 04:06 AM

Default Re: Raaaaaaaaise

Preflop-meh, so long as you know nobody is limp reraising, go for it.

Flop- good.

I don't think turn and river really matter much. Check/call or bet? I dunno, you aren't folding a better hand, but you get to make the draws pay. Might get to fold an over card or 2 on the turn. You are gonna call anyway, might as well fire at it.

If your opponents are passive, just go ahead and fire.

blake
Old 10-27-2005, 04:09 AM

You dont call 98o there? If there were just 3 other people in the hand with me I call there.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:14 AM

i dont' think i would call 98o in that position. you could be sandwiched for lots of bets with a draw with the SB, the agressor, being right next to you. flopping an 8 or a 9 wouldn't make me all that confident with so many other people in the pot either.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:20 AM

hi,

preflop I fold, but that's not for me to say.

flop, oh i'm torn, pot so big, even raising no ones going to go anywhere with any of the hands you are trying fold out, in honesty I think i'd just call, hope theres no crazy action behind, and fold the turn if i don't make trips or a straight.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:24 AM

Preflop good
Flop good
Turn good
River I Check call if it is HU, do not overcall if it is bet all called already, and do not call 2 bets obviosly.

Phy1234
Old 10-27-2005, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

preflop I fold, but that's not for me to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the big concern my hand's value, or my relative position to the preflop raiser?
Old 10-27-2005, 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop good
Flop good
Turn good
River I Check call if it is HU, do not overcall if it is bet all called already, and do not call 2 bets obviosly.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-27-2005, 07:11 AM

Id jump in on the pyramid quote triangle that may start from the above post, but I think those are a little gay...but at the same time wanted to say I agree with said post that was quoted. Its late...so whatever if this makes no sense.

I like the preflop call also.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:35 AM

I think the preflop call is fine. Limp reraises are distinctly uncommon in this game.

The river bet is not so good here as others have stated. Better hands will not fold and you are very rarely ahead. Better hands will often check behind too as these guys are not the relentless value bettors that you get at higher limits.