Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Earlier Today

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero folds

Notes:
- I had implied odds to hit my set on the turn
- The table was loose and unspectacular. Its very rare to ever see someone with a flush draw raise for value and a freecard in party 3/6. (at least at the tables I play at)
Old 10-23-2005, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Earlier Today

ehh. if the table is loose and unspectacular i think i just fold the flop. your 8 is a heart so even htiting it could mean death.

PS the way you played it i think I either bet the turn or call the turn...i dont like folding there much.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:47 PM

W/just one player to act behind you, I might call here in hopes he's raising a draw or a lower PP. While its not likley this pot is very big and the 2nd K on the board makes it less likely he's got a K.

Reads would be real helpful here
Old 10-23-2005, 07:58 PM

I don't like the pf raise because looking forward you have to believe that if even one overcard flops you have put yourself in an uncomfortable situation post flop. You are out of position against a crowd of loose opponents. Keep it simple and cheap.

The flop call is bad... you need to either (in order of preference IMHO):

1 - fold
2 - reraise
3 - call with intention of leading turn (ugly choice)
Old 10-23-2005, 07:59 PM

I know its less likely he has a king, but im pretty sure any face card beats me here.

Generally I will mine a table for about 50 hands or so before I sit down. I get some stats but no reads since I was fairly "new" there.

Also, should I be that worried about flush draws in large pots with loose players?
Old 10-23-2005, 11:32 PM

Does everyone raise this out of the BB with 4 other players in the hand out of position?
Old 10-23-2005, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does everyone raise this out of the BB with 4 other players in the hand out of position?

[/ QUOTE ]

no
Old 10-23-2005, 11:52 PM

The preflop raise was bad, yes.

Heres a question for everyone:
Do you raise 99 here?
Old 10-24-2005, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The preflop raise was bad, yes.

Heres a question for everyone:
Do you raise 99 here?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

I just fold the flop here. And if he is raising a flush draw you only have 1 clean out.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ehh. if the table is loose and unspectacular i think i just fold the flop. your 8 is a heart so even htiting it could mean death.

PS the way you played it i think I either bet the turn or call the turn...i dont like folding there much.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said. You don't have close to enough implied odds if your table is passive.