Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 01:27 PM

Default 2 table live - objective pov needed

Sorry if this should have gone to another thread. Am I only seeing this one way since I got knocked out. It just doesn't seem right.

Started with 18 people, we were down to final table with 9 people. I'm UTG with a little more than 2BB's left. I go allin. UTG+1 calls. UTG+2 stops the action to ask a question. "Are we playing real tournament rules?" When I ask what that means he says that means if he calls (or anyone else after him for that matter) will they be checking it down. He states that he will NOT call unless it's agreed to check it down and try and put small stack out. My comments were that I understood the strategy, but I don't think its a rule. If someone wants to bet post flop then that's their decision (regardless of whether the short start is already allin) He proceeded to call and have another caller and they all go check check check for all streets... My AK was beat by the guy doing the talking by hitting his second pair on the river.

I'm not so much angry about the beat and being put out as I am him stopping play to discuss this. Staratgy is one thing and had he called and had other callers and they checked it down without the discussion, so be it.. but for him to declair, he wasn't calling without first knowing that it'd be checked down.

This was my first time meeting these people and was glad to be invited to thier game so I didn't wanna rock the boat. Would I have had reason to? I was bothered by the way he did it.

Thanks.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: 2 table live - objective pov needed

wtf? those aren't tournament rules. that is collusion.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:39 PM

The thing that also sucks was that I really didn't know who knew who at this place, but overall felt it was a pretty fair game. The third caller in this pot, I think he may have done some post flop betting had dude not gone into his little I'm not calling if we don't check rant
Old 08-22-2005, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf? those aren't tournament rules. that is collusion.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-22-2005, 02:23 PM

There is another post here today dealing with an online MTT--the poster was upset because another player didn't check down in this situation, causing him to fold and not win a pot he would otherwise have won. I just don't know where they get these unwritten rules of poker from!
Old 08-22-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is another post here today dealing with an online MTT--the poster was upset because another player didn't check down in this situation, causing him to fold and not win a pot he would otherwise have won. I just don't know where they get these unwritten rules of poker from!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think OP's point was he doesn't care about how it was played, just that it shouldn't be discussed.