Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2004, 02:37 PM

Default Taj 5/10 vs Borgata 6/12

Anyone who plays in both of these notice a difference.

I found the Taj games way looser. Is this usually the case on the weekends. Or was it just variance in tables.

If the wait were not an issue - it seems like anyone with half a brain would play at the Borgata because it is so much nicer - as a result the Taj games were filled with idiots and much better - minus the generally drap decour and dirty chips.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Taj 5/10 vs Borgata 6/12

Well as a veteran of both games for a bunch of hours.

Taj 5-10. Loose aggressive on average, higher swings. Must play tighter and aggressive when you get into a pot.

Borgata 6-12. Very loose passive in almost all games I have played. Lots of calling stations. Its almost like a 2-4. Rarely will you have more than 2 good players at the table, and sometimes they are all weak tight players.

I haven't seen many maniacs in the 6-12.

Whereas the Taj 5-10 there is usually the resident LAG at the table.

I can honestly say though that I have not played at the Taj since the Borgata opened up. I see no need to play anywhere else. Just my .02
Old 09-21-2004, 07:33 PM

I'd agree with Bunky's post. I've played the 6-12 several times and its very loose passive. If you're lucky, you'll have 3 people at your table that can fold to a bet.

I think the Taj 5-10 is more competitive, with fewer calling stations. So more people that will fold to a raise, but you won't get paid off by 4 people when you hold the nuts.

good luck
Old 09-21-2004, 07:49 PM

I also agree with Bunky: Taj 5/10 = loose-aggressive, Borg 6/12 = loose-passive. Of course, that's in general - obviously it varies from table to table and night to night.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can honestly say though that I have not played at the Taj since the Borgata opened up. I see no need to play anywhere else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait at Taj on a typical weekend 30 minutes. Wait at Borgata on typical weekend 2+ hours. The bottled beer is just not worth the wait.